Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you post a direct side view pic of the right side (rear brake side like the one below) of the rearset bracket?

I want to get the Area P Ultra high mount system, but I'm concerned about clearance with the Yosh rearset bracket, and I want to see how far back it goes.

I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
hmm, with the high mount area-p exhaust, it looks like a shifted rearset might be an issue. but can't really tell.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here's a pic of my exhaust and rearset adjusters. There definitely could be some clearance issues with the high mount exhaust. Can't say for sure, but it'll be close.

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Here's a pic of my exhaust and rearset adjusters. There definitely could be some clearance issues with the high mount exhaust. Can't say for sure, but it'll be close.

Need to have a seat on your bike next time were at cs. I have the woodcrafts but no yoshi brackets yet

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think for the high mount you also have to delete the passenger pegs? They look like they'd get in the way in AreaP's pic. As for the rearsets I dunno, they look like it's cutting it close in ninjamunky's regular setup.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, ultra high mount means no passenger pegs. I don't plan on taking pillion anyway. Looking at the pics, it looks super close, I think the screw nubs attaching the brake reservoir will touch the pipe.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
They go 1 inch back and 1 inch up.

Not the best picture, but I had them and plan to get them again as soon as I buy my bike back.

With your exhaust, you may be pushing it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
They go 1 inch back and 1 inch up.

Not the best picture, but I had them and plan to get them again as soon as I buy my bike back.

With your exhaust, you may be pushing it.

Buy your bike back? Didn't you just sell it?:blink:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Not to jack this thread. But yes, I sold it to a friend of mine who resides in Colorado. It is sitting in my garage waiting for pickup. I started questioning, why go with ZX6R? I found only a couple reasons, more aggressive riding position, projectors, etc.

So now that I know the ZX6R headlights are a simple swap and clip ons and rear sets solve the other part. Going to see if my friend will sell it back to me.

More speed. But not going to the track and I can get better gearing with the 15/43 combo.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not to jack this thread. But yes, I sold it to a friend of mine who resides in Colorado. It is sitting in my garage waiting for pickup. I started questioning, why go with ZX6R? I found only a couple reasons, more aggressive riding position, projectors, etc.

So now that I know the ZX6R headlights are a simple swap and clip ons and rear sets solve the other part. Going to see if my friend will sell it back to me.

More speed. But not going to the track and I can get better gearing with the 15/43 combo.

That is awesome. I was in the same boat. I was prepping to sell my 300 and get the ZX6R. Then I staryted looking into the driven clip ons that with my wife really not liking the idea of gewtting rid of it after only 6 months I decided to make the bike as close to the style I am looking for as possible. So I did the driven clip ons with the yoshi rear sets, preload adjusters shorty levers. Next I think I will also attemt the ZX6R headlight swap. I like the Halp look but I would expect that on a ducati, triumph or BMW not a japanese sport bike. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Need to have a seat on your bike next time were at cs. I have the woodcrafts but no yoshi brackets yet
Yeah, that combo didn't work out for me. It's weird but when I switched to clip-ons it put my knees up too high, and digging into the angle of the tank. I ordered the rearset adjusters right away, and it put my legs back where they should be.

Also I regained use of the part of the tank that you can grip with your outside elbow when leaning in a turn. My knees were in the way without the adjusters.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ninjamunky are those the SSR frame plugs?

·
Registered
686 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts