Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since i installed the plus 1 JT front sprocket I have been hearing much louder gear/chain noise. especially when I pull the clutch while shifting for instance I can hear the gear spinning. My stock front sprocket made no noise so my main point to this is is this normal or should I be concerned? haha

thanks!

·
Banned
562 Posts
i have a plus 1 jt front sprocket
heres a stupid question
have u lubed your chain?
I lube mine at least every other day of riding
mine made a little noise at first but now it is fine
i would make sure you are cleaning and lubing your chain
if it is still bad check the amount of play in the chain
should be less than an inch if its more take it back for adjustment

Reactions: dmdusen

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i ride 60 miles to and from work every day, sounds like i need to start lubing my chain more often haha hopefully that works!

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
put the rear of the bike on a paddock stand and remove the chain guard

take a ruler and place the end of the ruler in the middle of the rear sproket on the inside edge of the chain and slowly roll the chain forward.

does the ruler point straight down along the chain or does it point to the side???

if it points to the side, the chain isnt straight, therefore the rear wheel isnt straight, therefore the chain catches on the sprockets and premature wear on chain/sporockets

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Its been a while since I had a bike with a chain. Thats a maintenance item I have not had to do. (Buells have a belt with auto tensioner)
This needs to be done every 400 miles according to the Owners Manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.