Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. If so in the harness diagrams does it have the pinout for the cluster header

·
Registered
342 Posts
Is this manual out there? If so what's the price and p/n?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Just so you guys are aware, a few weeks ago i had a guy from Kawasaki Australia call me about my 300. We had a very long chat about a number of things related to this bike. one of the things we talked about was sharing pdf copies of the owners manuals and the service manual.

Kawasaki dont mind if we share the owners manual, infact we can even put it up on the forum if we so desire and they dont care and wont take anyone to court over it.

the service manual is a different story.

if we put the service manual up as a download on this or any other forum, Kawasaki will not hesitate to prosecute.the reason being this is a new motorcycle and they sell their service manuals for a very modest fee and still make money from it.
i can remember 13 years ago buying a service manual for my 2000 VFR800 and it was over $300, so the $60 or so Kawasaki is asking is very cheap

however, i was also informed if the members want to pass the service manual around amongst themself then thats fine. just dont go nuts and put it up where it is publicly available for free download like a torrent or the likes.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I remember when Yamaha had the service manual for my R6 available for download. I went to the computer lab at my college with two packages of paper and proceded to print all 900 pages of it. The next semester, the college put a limit of 250 pages per semester per student. Sorry NDSU, that was my bad...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
168 Posts
Then why don't they offer it as a digital copy? (or do they?)
I own the paper copy but I would like to be able to use it on the tablet or use the search feature.
I also have the 'Kawasaki Assistant' app but it is not updated with the 2013 models yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.