Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think about painting that fairings? I know its early in the 300's life but I was wondering if anyone was thinking about painting it a different color.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I would love a plain basic white, no pearl or metallic flake, doubt I would do it any time soon though.. Maybe in a year or two..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, definately too early to paint in most cases. I have seen some cool paint jobs on the ninja 250s though, maybe someone will get creative with one of these.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I love my stock white color... =( guess i'm alone here on that one... lol ;D

·
Registered
221 Posts
I like the stock color. But I was thinking of painting the frame another color from the black to make it stand out, but I'm not to sure ill do that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought about painting once I learned that the ABS model will only be available in that ugly black/green color scheme.

I'm gonna paint it to look like the lime green ninja. I know it'll look like a non-abs model, but to those that are aware of the model differences, they'll know it's painted.

I'm waiting on the ABS model to come out... I've been waiting on a new ninja since the cbr250 came out...

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Have thought about getting the black belly fairing painted white to match the rest of the bike. Will keep Kawasaki across the bottom if I do i t...
NO!! thats my favorite part of the bike, I love that flat black lower portion :)

I have even thought about flat blacking the panels under the main seat, they were flat black on the 250R and I liked that alot better myself..

·
Registered
523 Posts
NO!! thats my favorite part of the bike, I love that flat black lower portion :)
Heh, me too. I've been thinking that it might be cool to maybe apply some translucent blue vinyl for some accents instead of painting. Painting is just too permanent for me.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I am actually thinking about doing the plastic dip on the side panels under the seat.. but how do you think it would hold up to my legs rubbing against it?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Thats no good.. Vinyl wrap will not work out very well due to the recessed screw hole, not sure how that could be done, I just watched that video of the guy that replicated his 300 into a Ducati, and the vinyl wrap stops at the screw hole in that piece and it just looks off..

·
Registered
554 Posts
You might be able to get Vinyl wrap to work but it requires skills to do vinyl wrap well. The curves and corners aren't easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Someone plastidip their ninja 300 flat black :p
Looks like I'll be getting a green SE very soon. Looking to change it to flat black, I have a very interesting idea all ready for it, and pics will be posted. Can't wait! :biggrin:

Probably won't plastidip though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts