Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone actually keeps the RPMs around 4000. I'm at a whopping 108 miles and 4000 is roughly 45 mph. I've always had bigger bikes, so it was never an issue before to stay around 4000 for the break in. This one though....yikes.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I've never believed in break-in periods. It's been debated for years.

Ride it like you stole it! :D

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whew, I'm glad I asked. I feel MUCH better about today's events. Lol.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah =D just vary your rps and dont redline it and you'll be fine =D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kawasaki recommends the same break in period for all their engines even though some redline at 8,000 and ours at 13,000. So yeah. No redline, vary rpms, and change oil at apron 300 mi. You should be fine.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I've had my bike for a month and just got over the 1,000 mile mark last night. I think I did 70 miles under/around 4k RPM then couldn't handle it anymore. Bike runs just fine.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
im at 1300 miles in 2 1/2 months sooooo

·
Registered
733 Posts
Boy you all need to ride more I only get 6 days a month to ride and just hit 3000mi. lol got her in aug.-sep.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Boy you all need to ride more I only get 6 days a month to ride and just hit 3000mi. lol got her in aug.-sep.
I get to ride Sunday-Tuesday (free) and only get to commute thursday and fridays. I think 1000 miles, 100% city, is quite a bit for just 1 month.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I get to ride Sunday-Tuesday (free) and only get to commute thursday and fridays. I think 1000 miles, 100% city, is quite a bit for just 1 month.
Hey 1000 a month is good when its all city riding. Just don't forget to open it up every now and then. That stop and go will kill any motor faster. I work 11 days and get 3 off at a time.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm at 700 miles. Rode the bike around the block to warm it up, then went to 10,000 rpms in 1st gear in the back of the dealership which isn't very fast in 1st...on and off the throttle, 10 times or so. Then rode it through stop and go traffic 4 miles to I-35 and drove 50-80mph home and changed the oil and filter at 45 miles. I considered that the major portion of my break-in, but I did change the filter and oil a second time at 550 miles and went to synthetic.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Hey 1000 a month is good when its all city riding. Just don't forget to open it up every now and then. That stop and go will kill any motor faster. I work 11 days and get 3 off at a time.
Yeah I hop on the interstate frequently, but not for an extremely long period of time. 10 miles is about the usual.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
My owner's manual break in period lasted about 60 miles. Screw that strict criteria. Don't red line, you'll be good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts