Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing Autotune and all the parts listed below this weekend and I'm curious if anyone had issues or feedback they can share with me. It seems straight forward but I appreciate any insight on it.

Power Commander PCV
Dynojet Autotune
SSR block off plate
BMC air filter
Two Brothers full exhaust (Carbon Fiber muffler)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interested to see how it comes out. I have been looking into the Yoshi full system more and more lately and have been considering running the PCV5 with Autotune module.

More interested in seeing how and where you are supposed to mount the CO sensor on your full system, keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
All our guys with a PCV have the AT on their bikes. You need a base map that is close to your Mods ( exhaust, A/F etc) and then the Autotune keeps this map in trim and as conditions change all the time (sea level, temp, humid, air filter condition etc) the Autotune keeps the AFR perfect, as predetermined by your user settings.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Interested to see how it comes out. I have been looking into the Yoshi full system more and more lately and have been considering running the PCV5 with Autotune module.

More interested in seeing how and where you are supposed to mount the CO sensor on your full system, keep us updated!
I'll be sure to post pictures and my feedback on the system. The Autotune has specific instructions on how to mount the sensor to avoid moisture and get a good reading. I may not have it on until next weekend though due to rain.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All our guys with a PCV have the AT on their bikes. You need a base map that is close to your Mods ( exhaust, A/F etc) and then the Autotune keeps this map in trim and as conditions change all the time (sea level, temp, humid, air filter condition etc) the Autotune keeps the AFR perfect, as predetermined by your user settings.

Thanks for the info. I've downloaded all the maps for the 300 from the PowerCommander website and will be using the map that matches my modifications as a base map. I'm thinking of getting it dyno tuned as well but am not sure it would be worth it on the 300. I saw Dynojet's video on Autotune on YouTube and it says that could be of benefit. Have any of your customers done that and if so is it worth it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the autotune on my 250 FI (asian specs). Yeah it runs great, as i use to run the bike on dyno.
I do have some issues with it, where it only autocorrects the fueling on the 1st gear, whereby it should trim up to 6th. Its also supposed to have separate table for each cylinder. I have tapped the wire that goes to the ecu as advised but it is still not working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts