Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to swap out the stock handlebars for clip ons??

I am looking at it just because its a "mod" and I am running out of things to do already haha...

Not sure if I want the riding position of a SS though..

· Registered
761 Posts
If you spend any amount of time on the track, you realize their worth. It helps so much when you are hanging off the bike. It allows you to be more forward, over the front wheel, for better cornering control.
I will be installing them on my track bike (R6) this winter, along with adjustable rearsets.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going a little OT, but what are your thoughts on rearset adjusters? The brackets that move the factory rearsets back an inch.. I have long legs and I think I could benefit from an extra inch of leg room. I have a feeling it will not work with the stock exhaust though..

I read some posts on the Ninja 250 board than this really helps out for guys with longer legs and does not mess to much with the riding position..

· Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm definitely looking into getting clip-ons, 95% of my riding is done in the canyons, and I understand that there better for handling in the corners. Plus in a couple of years I may move up to a ZX-6 so it would be better to be used to a ore aggressive riding position.

· Premium Member
1,159 Posts
It's quite a popular upgrade as we've sold several sets of the 2.5" Rider ones already.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think he was trying to say "riser" as in it is not just your typical clip on, it rises it.

I think Woodcraft and Driven are the only companies that make them if I remember correctly..

Are of them come pre-drilled for the stock controls?? being such a perfectionist that was the hardest part for me in the past..

· Registered
24 Posts
Hey peanut just a question with regards to the blue caps on top of the fork tubes. Is that standard or a aftermarket add on. Would be a nice surprise if standard when I take my standard bar mounts of in the next few days and replace them with Woodcraft clip-on's that I just orderd.

Thanks AL

· Track Whore
742 Posts
Sorry, but those are not what you'll find under your bars. Those are preload adjusters made by Sling Shot Racing(SSR). I reccomend getting them along with Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators, and heavier fork oil and springs depending on your weight and track presence.

· Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the advise. Have orderd a set. Hope they land before next weekend and will post up some photos with the bike all stripped down for the track. New tyres, two brothers exhaust, clip ons, pre-load adjusters and rear fender and indicators removed should look trick for the track day. Is a SE so even more trick! I am in Australia BTW in Brisbane

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.