Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought shoei rf1100 helmet. I still have 7 days to exchange it. I did not get a chance to use it because my dealer still has my bike.

I tried it at the store and I like it. I just wanna know pluses and negatives about it when riding. or if I have any better brand to chose.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
RF11 is an awesome helmet. One of our guys is a Shoei junkie and says it is "almost" as good as the old X11. ( just needs a bit more airlfow to match the X11). Fit and comfort is standard Shoei stellar.
Only drawback he has said, is that Shoei added the new "cam lock" shield system that is supposed to seat the visor against the helmet seal better and prevent the dreaded "Shoei whistle" that alot of the X11 had. It whistled right our of the box and he had to adjust the base plates to fix what was supposed to be already fixed with the new Shoei base plates. Other than than, he hasn't said anything negative about the RF11.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I have an RF1100 and they are awesome helmets. Light and comfy, squeeze the cheeks nice and have good airflow. Plus the graphics/paint on them are as good as ever. I would recommend them anytime.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I recently switched from the AGV Grid to a Shoei RF-1100. World of difference! First ride home, I heard whistling in the helmet and was disappointed. To fix, adjust the screws where the face shield pops in. Once I did this, it became an extremely quiet helmet. More snug and better easy to access vents than the AGV.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i too have the rf1100, i have no issues aside from fogging, but then again that goes for every lid for the most part. I'm using the standard clear and dark smoke visors, no pinlock or breath guard

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I recently switched from the AGV Grid to a Shoei RF-1100. World of difference! First ride home, I heard whistling in the helmet and was disappointed. To fix, adjust the screws where the face shield pops in. Once I did this, it became an extremely quiet helmet. More snug and better easy to access vents than the AGV.
Was the whistling with the visor open or closed?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Closed visor. Adjust the screws and close visor. Take a piece of paper and poke all around the visor. If the paper goes through the sealseal then the screws need readjusting. Not all helmets from the store have a perfect seal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.