Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. My names Grace. I'm a very new rider, was going to get a 300 but decided on a slightly used 250 instead. I actually just got my endorsement a few days ago. :)

The reason I'm posting here is because the 250 forums are pretty dead and this one is more active. And I figure there's only a 50CC difference in bikes so maybe I can find some riders who would be willing to show me the ropes.

I haven't ridden on the street yet only around my neighborhood. Just looking to find someone who's willing to take me out on the road when it's not so busy and slowly ease me into riding on the street, through intersections and just everyday riding moves.

Then once I get better, I'll be able to do more rides such as highway and long-distance rides.

I'm also posting here because I realized I know "nobody" who rides! Need to make more friends who ride as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was going to say she should come to Tempe i will be more than welcome to ride with her, but she is in avondale. Maybe we can get group together and go to Avondale to ride with her?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Welcome Grace! You've just made way more friends than you can count.

Don't out-ride your skill level, and learn from every experience you encounter on the road.

And, always accept responsibility for your actions out there, it's the best way to learn.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Grace! You've just made way more friends than you can count.

Don't out-ride your skill level, and learn from every experience you encounter on the road.

And, always accept responsibility for your actions out there, it's the best way to learn.
:) Thanks for the advice. Yes I'm doing all the research, studying and practice I can get. I recently got the e-book "Proficient Motorcycling" which helps for knowing different techniques for everyday riding and to be cautious and aware of other hazards/drivers on the road.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to say she should come to Tempe i will be more than welcome to ride with her, but she is in avondale. Maybe we can get group together and go to Avondale to ride with her?

Yeah... I'm scared to just go down the road right by my neighborhood, haha I don't think I'm ready for the highway 0_o..... That would be awesome if some of, or one of u guys can come down. I really just need a mentor in the beginning to ease me into the whole riding thing for a night or a time when there isn't a lot of traffic/ drivers on the road and then I think I'd be more confident to do the whole group riding thing?

This Thursday one of the instructors from the course I took is going to install a lowering link to my bike and lower the front end as well since I'm on my tippy toes. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah... I'm scared to just go down the road right by my neighborhood, haha I don't think I'm ready for the highway 0_o..... That would be awesome if some of, or one of u guys can come down. I really just need a mentor in the beginning to ease me into the whole riding thing for a night or a time when there isn't a lot of traffic/ drivers on the road and then I think I'd be more confident to do the whole group riding thing?

This Thursday one of the instructors from the course I took is going to install a lowering link to my bike and lower the front end as well since I'm on my tippy toes. :)
alright i will contact the guys and see who would like to join me for a ride to avondale soon. Maybe a few of us will come and ride with you this weekend or soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright i will contact the guys and see who would like to join me for a ride to avondale soon. Maybe a few of us will come and ride with you this weekend or soon.
:emot-hfive: Okay sounds good. :) I live right by Luke Air Force Base. I'm active-duty Air Force stationed out of Luke.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ha ha i think i do have instagram, i will download app and will try to remember my password.
Cool! I like Instagram so I can just post things that I do day to day. :) How long have you been riding? When I took the MSF course I was the only female and the only new rider in general... lol the other guys just had been riding illegally for a few months or years so it was intimidating when I didn't know even how to shift while these boys were doing everything like it was a cakewalk.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cool! I like Instagram so I can just post things that I do day to day. :) How long have you been riding? When I took the MSF course I was the only female and the only new rider in general... lol the other guys just had been riding illegally for a few months or years so it was intimidating when I didn't know even how to shift while these boys were doing everything like it was a cakewalk.
I have not seen that many girls riding bikes, mostly guys, but you will meet a few when you will ride with us at some point. It will be my third year this year, and i learned riding it illegally as well for a few month that took MSF course and got my endorsement. i think i added you on instagram. i dont know how to use it that well, but i will figure it out. :welcome:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have not seen that many girls riding bikes, mostly guys, but you will meet a few when you will ride with us at some point. It will be my third year this year, and i learned riding it illegally as well for a few month that took MSF course and got my endorsement. i think i added you on instagram. i dont know how to use it that well, but i will figure it out. :welcome:
Yeah I haven't seen any really... at least not many on sportbikes. I see some older ladies on cruisers though. I hope so! :) Oh that's cool so you have a good amount of experience compared to my less than a week. haha I see! All I learned before taking the course was a friction zone and getting to 2nd gear... then braking. Yes I got your request. :) I can't wait to get better and be able to ride on the streets.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Two words for you gracesmile166. T.E.A.M. Arizona. What you need to increase your confidence is advanced training. If you do not feel comfortable on the street you should probably not go there. A mistake in a parking lot is one thing but a mistake in traffic is another matter.
Motorcycle instructors are the people who can teach you skills that will keep you out of trouble, not riders with no training background. I have operated motorcycles for over fifty years but I would not propose to teach a new rider without the proper instruction credentials. Would you like to have one of your Air Force friends teach you how to jump out of a plane? That's why they have classes and instructors.
Do not get me wrong. I am not trying to scare you or put you off riding your bike. I just want to make sure that you understand the consequences of your choices. All motorcycle riders will be tested in their lifetime. Some early, and some later in their riding career. You have to learn and practice all you can so you stand a chance when it is your time to be tested.
Please take care of yourself and good luck with your continuing motorcycle operator education.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts