Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking my first bike up tomorrow.

I've got an alarmed disc lock for the front disc. I've got a 14mm chain too.

But I'd like to get a second disc lock for the rear disc. Anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking of going for a 19mm pragmasis chain with a pragmasis round lock, which can double up as a disc lock. But would it go on the rear disc?

I've also heard about a 5.5 bullit (unsure of spellling) lock

·
Registered
193 Posts
Interesting you ask this, I was looking for one for a while. Of the 2 or 3 disc locks I've owned, none of them fit the rear. I had a Xena and a Stockton disc lock, maybe another one but I forget...

Either way, none of them fit, because the wheel inner hub would block the lock from fitting over the rotor entirely. Super lame.

I've eaten my losses and just stick it on the front nowadays. I want a new disc lock though, one that fit the rear would be nice. Keep me posted.

-Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Sparky MJ thanks for your reply!

I picked the bike up today and at the dealership, they tried the Oxford XD14 disc lock on the rear disc brake and it went on without issue! So try it! I'm not sure what the wheel inner hub is. The XD14 goes into the larger longer holes, not the little circular holes on the disc brake.

I'll post pictures soon.

The XD14 isn't alarmed. I have the AX14 alarmed disc lock to use for the front disc brake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts