Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
:waveysmilie:hi guys,
key word is NEW.. i've only been riding for a couple weeks now and would like to find some people to go riding with but wouldn't want to be holding up people with more experience since i'm just learning. i live in vallejo area and have been working up to riding towards st helena and angwin area.. if someone is down, let me know..

·
Registered
362 Posts
key word is NEW.. i've only been riding for a couple weeks now and would like to find some people to go riding with but wouldn't want to be holding up people with more experience since i'm just learning. i live in vallejo area and have been working up to riding towards st helena and angwin area.. if someone is down, let me know..
Welcome...i live in the concord area...im a NEW rider too...i have only 1400 miles riding and i dont like riding hard or fast...i know that feeling of pressure because the other riders dont care that your new to riding...so if you want we can meet and go for a ride..no twistes no curves...ill follow you and i wont put pressure on you at all...here is my email [email protected] i dont visit the forum very often anymore so it will be easier if you contact me by email

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hi there,

Please check out barf aka http://www.bayarearidersforum.com

Under the group ride section look for mgr aka "mellow group rides"

Also ninjette meets which are fellow ninja 250/300 riders.

Both of these group rides focus on safety and many are new riders. You'll learn routes and just enjoy the ride. These group rides strongly discourage show offs and speed demons.

I'll ride with you as soon as my foot heals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my bike for about a month now, and live in San Mateo. Problem is, with a permit I can't (not supposed to) go on freeways, so that would be a long trip :). I rode a bike years ago, but have to start over. Learning going slow takes more practice than fast.. Do you try parking lots and hills? I've noticed it gets pretty damn windy at 50+ and is not as fun.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am from san mateo too! Vallejo is 45 mins. from here.... Next time you're around san mateo area, take sr 35 then take sr 9 or sr 35 then sr 84 towards la honda then you will hit highway 1 and you can cruise near the beach...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome...i live in the concord area...im a NEW rider too...i have only 1400 miles riding and i dont like riding hard or fast...i know that feeling of pressure because the other riders dont care that your new to riding...so if you want we can meet and go for a ride..no twistes no curves...ill follow you and i wont put pressure on you at all...here is my email [email protected] i dont visit the forum very often anymore so it will be easier if you contact me by email
Hey - just saw your sig.

Which ebay levers did you get and from which vendor? Do you recommend them? I really dont like the stock friction area being so "high" and want to get some adjustable shortys, yet I don't feel like spending $150-250.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't seen any 300s on the road since i got mine a week ago. new rider here! i mean i've rode before but not extensively on something like a commute or anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Throwing up a quick post to mention that I'm currently in Mountain View but commute to San Mateo daily. Only been riding for about a month / 1000 miles so I fall cleanly into the new rider category.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice.. I am a new rider too... Hehe... 2700 miles... I am going to the cornering clinic this saturday at stockton... Its time to learn new skills... Have a safe ride...

I think there is another training coming up this coming 16th of july in san mateo, too bad I won't be around so i cant sign up...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey hey! I'm new to the forums but been riding for awhile. I live in Vallejo too! We should meet up and hang. PM me! I ride with 4 guys here in Vallejo and 2 out in Fairfield. Have you rode along Silverado trail? If not its a great place to just ride.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
You guys in the Bay Area might want to visit one of Doc Wongs' Clinics. They are free and he has been putting out some great info for over a dozen years that I know of..Just Google Doc Wong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts