Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
wow, wish I lived near the mountains and twisties! going to be up at blue ridge motorcycle campground next week with some suzuki savage riders. I'll be riding my wifes LS650 savage, its a bit small for me set-up wise, but i'm still going to take it to the dragon on one of the days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm also in Raleigh. I'd be down for a group ride.
@JonHester did you see my profile post lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm also in Raleigh. I'd be down for a group ride.
@JonHester did you see my profile post lol
Well let me know if you ever want to go for a ride. Have any favorite spots to ride around here yet? I rode up around Falls Lake a bit the other week and that's the best I've found so far.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well let me know if you ever want to go for a ride. Have any favorite spots to ride around here yet? I rode up around Falls Lake a bit the other week and that's the best I've found so far.
Sadly I dont see any nice twisty near Raleigh, I've tried Farrington road through Jordan lake it was a decent ride but not the twisties I'm looking for.
I started to ride up to Falls Lake once, will definitely check it out soon.

Thinking of putting a ride together from w/s to bristol tn . The whole route would be along 421
Man I want to ride up through the mountain so bad looks like a lot of fun. You guys in w/s are nice and close. Bristol is ~4hrs from me.
I would be down for a ride up to Bristol tho. I might have to make it a 2day adventure...

·
Registered
5 Posts
im from Durham and so far i havent found the best place around my area to go riding in twisties but there gotta be some roads in the country side like that. Falls lake might be a good place though. I would be nice to have a meet with a few 300's and cruise on one weekend.

·
Registered
51 Posts
im from Durham and so far i havent found the best place around my area to go riding in twisties but there gotta be some roads in the country side like that. Falls lake might be a good place though. I would be nice to have a meet with a few 300's and cruise on one weekend.
Yep a weekend cruise would be cool. I still haven't rode up through falls lake yet..

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is a new Meetup Group for Winston Salem "beginner" riders... We are planning a meeting tomorrow morning (Sunday August 11) at 9 am at Krankies Coffee , 211 East Third Street in Winston Salem... Of anyone is interested...

I guess the plan is to do some shorter rides on some easier roads...

Feel free to join us tomorrow morning if you are interested.
http://www.meetup.com/Winston-Salem-New-Riders/

Sent from my Nexus 4

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a new Meetup Group for Winston Salem "beginner" riders... We are planning a meeting tomorrow morning (Sunday August 11) at 9 am at Krankies Coffee , 211 East Third Street in Winston Salem... Of anyone is interested...

I guess the plan is to do some shorter rides on some easier roads...

Feel free to join us tomorrow morning if you are interested.
http://www.meetup.com/Winston-Salem-New-Riders/

Sent from my Nexus 4
dam i wish i could of seen this earlier. Next time ya have another meet ill make it. Anyone else up for a cruise around the durham raleigh area?

·
Registered
21 Posts
300 owner here...I live in Clayton NC.. always down for a weekend ride.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think we are going to try to make it a regular event on Sunday mornings.

Most are newer riders and riders who want shorter rides (1 to maybe 3 hours max)... Keeping to the posted speed limits and letting riders choose what they feel comfortable with around the corners...

The meeting location is up for discussion yet for next Sunday, with several members interested in a breakfast before heading out.

Sent from my Nexus 4

1 - 20 of 37 Posts