Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So iv had the bolt screw thingys holding my licence plate stolen....again ffs.
Theres anti theft screws on the car, since someone stole the whole **** plate from it a while ago... but not sure if these screws would be effective on a bike? lol anyone got any ideas? sick of having them stolen. wankers. :mad:

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
They stole your license plate screws??? crazy aussies haha

I used anti theft ones on my trailer and they worked good

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have em on mine after loosing em the other day(my fault).

I just make them super freaking tight so it's a pain to remove. Hopefully if someone tries they'll just give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
958 Posts
You need to get a locking cover. I have one that I lock to a cable that I run through my wheels and then around a huge pole in my carport. Plus I have a disc lock on the wheel just in case. Also, I get a discount on my insurance because I have the locking cover. If a** holes can't even see your bike, maybe they won't look for things to take off of it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks more like an over night cover thing O: I'm talking about parking at the work motorcycle park, which is where the screws get stolen. Do these need to be tied down or just locked at bottom some how?

·
Registered
958 Posts
A locking cover?
It's a cover for your bike and it has reenforced grommets on the bottom of the cover so you can lock it. I use a padlock with an extended shank. I also have a cable that is attached to a big pole in my carport, and I run it through both wheels and lock it to the cover. People could still pull part of the cover up and get to some parts of your bike, but you want to make it as difficult as possible for them. Mine also came with a bag to carry it, if you need to bring it to work you could put it in a backpack, folded up it's about the size of a pair of shoes and for you a padlock like mine would be perfect. :D

·
Registered
909 Posts
It's easy to put on and easy to take off. I plan on using mine at work when it gets hot. Mine came with a handy backpack. It folds up to be pretty small. I'd say like 5" by 7". Fits at the bottom of my backpack well.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts