Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*waves* Hello from the currently sunny midlands of the UK :D

I purchased my 300 ABS in December and have so far got about 4000 miles, a bent clutch lever and a few scratches. Other then that, she's still pretty :p

Current mods are a Danmoto exhaust. Yee, its cheap but wow it sounds great and I've had no trouble with it at all so far (And I've had it for quite some time now). I also used some white tire pen on the "road winners" or whatever they are :blinksmilie: Just for the giggles really.

Future *essential* mods for me are new clip ons and rearsets, and with the clip ons i would naturally get preload adjusters.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Congrat and welcome on bord ;-) Fortunately you're not so far from my country :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome!
I suggest getting some frame sliders to protect your fairings from more scratches. The are many brands that do not require cutting into your fairing to install.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are some quick pics I took of the Danmoto :) Its a Carbon GP btw.

Also I was considering frame sliders but I'm worried that they will do more damage if I crash at high speed. Or maybe even just snap if I drop the bike :/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
thanks for the photos of the exhaust. as for frame sliders theres a few choices around. i have the genuine kwaka ones. if you dont like those i would suggest the Australian Designed & Engineered Oggy Knobs

http://www.kenma.com.au/oggy_knobs.html

food for thought

·
Registered
55 Posts
These are some quick pics I took of the Danmoto :) Its a Carbon GP btw.

Also I was considering frame sliders but I'm worried that they will do more damage if I crash at high speed. Or maybe even just snap if I drop the bike :/
I have the same danmoto slip on. Is that the mount that came with it? Or did you modify it. My mount/hanger is complete junk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I have a longer extender bit... When did you purchase yours? They might have changed it since then. I think I got mine in January.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I wonder if they could make the license plates a little bigger? Maybe big enough to read from three miles away? Kind of hard to make your bike look good when you have to have a billboard attached to the back of the bike. Sorry, I don't mean to be negative but those plates look terrible.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Na i feel exactly the same and I know many people that feel that way too :/ I've seen loads of bikes going around with illegal plates though.
I don't think you'd get pulled over for it but... If you're rude to an officer or something then he might just decide to pull you up on it so I decide not to take the risk :shrug.001:

·
Registered
28 Posts
You're complaining about the bracket for a Ninja 250 Danmoto slip-on for a Ninja 300? :blink:

You do realize the frame / passenger pegs / exhaust brackets for the Ninja 250 / Ninja 300 are completely different? The 250 stock exhaust sticks out much flatter than the Ninja 300.

https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_21_183&products_id=1050

·
Registered
55 Posts
You're complaining about the bracket for a Ninja 250 Danmoto slip-on for a Ninja 300? :blink:

You do realize the frame / passenger pegs / exhaust brackets for the Ninja 250 / Ninja 300 are completely different? The 250 stock exhaust sticks out much flatter than the Ninja 300.
Yeah I know the difference and I'm really not upset by it. I was just surprised to see his mount. I wish I would have got the same one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea I got the model for the 300 so :) Unlucky on that one... They might not have had the 300 version out when you bought yours?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts