Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts
WTF happened to everyone? I am very disappointed at you guys for planning a group ride and not showing up. Even worse is not letting us know you aren't going to make it. We waited till 12:30 and no else showed up, not even at Newcombs. Pathetic.

Anyways, thanks to Delta and my buddy for making it. Delta and I got to dice it up a little bit. It was a pretty good ride and it was not so hot when you are moving.

I found them at the shell station when I stopped off to fuel up at the end of the ride. They where just about to head up the hill. Looked like about 6 300's a 250 and 600 of some sort.

Just to clarify, we were there today at 11:45 - 12:30. At the Chevron by PCC, another rider who just got off the ACH informed us that there was a fatal accident earlier that morning and ACH was closed for the next hour or so.

With the group of riders that were there, 8 of us, we collectively decided to get lunch first before heading off to ACH. I am pretty sure we were there until 12:30. It is unfortunate we did not see you guys, and I apologize if it seemed like we ditched you guys.

Just to clarify, we were there today at 11:45 - 12:30. At the Chevron by PCC, another rider who just got off the ACH informed us that there was a fatal accident earlier that morning and ACH was closed for the next hour or so.

With the group of riders that were there, 8 of us, we collectively decided to get lunch first before heading off to ACH. I am pretty sure we were there until 12:30. It is unfortunate we did not see you guys, and I apologize if it seemed like we ditched you guys.
Yeah, no one told us about Chevron at PCC. We were at the Shell on the foot of ACH from 11:45-12:30, per first post. No worries. We had a good ride. I even got to chase a Gixxer 1K. I'll post videos in a bit.

Here is a video of me chasing a GSXR 1000. Past him at 3:41.

This dude passed me on our way down on ACH. LOL at his reaction at the end. "Is that a 300!!???!!??? 50 Horsepower?!!!" , No, maybe 25. Sorry for the wind noise.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Yea man we apologize for not updating or notifying you guys about our meetup time. Like girlyshout said, we were notified about a fatal accident on the 2 and we we're told that the road was closed. After checking online and calling Newcombs Ranch we thought the road was still closed. After grabbing some lunch we headed up to the shell station and met up with DeltaFoxtrotZulu.
Glad you had fun chasing that gixxer!
Next meetup we'll be sure to keep everyone updated if anything changes.

I missed out on the Gixxer chase. I screwed up at that last break waiting for your friend (forgot which gear, stalled) and ended up stuck behind all those cars. Your segment following me looks pretty good. You cut before I got that bad feeling and backed off mid corner. The front tire felt a little loose or something and I lost my edge. Took a few corners to start to get it back.

I'll try to get my vlog out later this week. Takes a bit more time to edit the whole thing together. We had a really tight pack going when I was behind you. Should look great.

I missed out on the Gixxer chase. I screwed up at that last break waiting for your friend (forgot which gear, stalled) and ended up stuck behind all those cars. Your segment following me looks pretty good. You cut before I got that bad feeling and backed off mid corner. The front tire felt a little loose or something and I lost my edge. Took a few corners to start to get it back.

I'll try to get my vlog out later this week. Takes a bit more time to edit the whole thing together. We had a really tight pack going when I was behind you. Should look great.
Yeah, I was waiting for you guys behind a couple of cars till the Gixxer zipped past me. Hehe oops moment huh. Yeah, the one with you following me should be good. Let me know when it's up.

It was a great time. Wish the mornings accident didn't mess everything up but would have been incredible to have even more 300s. I even saw what looked like Spacepod when the group was riding up to Newcombs.

How about another group ride in 2 weeks?

Well sounds like kind of a Charlie Foxtrot so I guess I'm not too bummed I couldn't make the 12 time. Glad everyone seemed to have fun tho and sucks balls about that accident

Sorry it too so long to put this online. Finally got my video together of the mini group ride that we did:

I managed to add a brief view of the big group that I ran into at the end.

The close chase footage starts about 7 minutes in.

Sorry it too so long to put this online. Finally got my video together of the mini group ride that we did:

I managed to add a brief view of the big group that I ran into at the end.

The close chase footage starts about 7 minutes in.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Fz88Xc-Xc

Awesome video Delta!!! I like the commentary. That part of you following me was nice. My wife was like, how come your body is leaning but your bike is straight. I ROFL.

Thanks for Posting Foxtrot! Your ride with Warning seemed how I normally roll. I noticed your circling my 300 at 18:42:) Our next ride will go alot more smoothly "fingers crossed".

Who's up for Sunday the 12th?

Thanks for Posting Foxtrot! Your ride with Warning seemed how I normally roll. I noticed your circling my 300 at 18:42:) Our next ride will go alot more smoothly "fingers crossed".

Who's up for Sunday the 12th?
I'd like to do the 12th but it's hard to find the time. I say 25/75 if I can make the stars align. You should post a new thread to see whose interested.

You should do Buttonwillow with me on the 16th of August. Hell, all you guys should do Buttonwillow with me on the 16th of August.

I'm down for the 16th. Sept4th is my next scheduled track day on the calender but I could make Aug 16th as long as my girl isn't flying in that day.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.