Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is the first time I have ever gotten close to dropping my bike. I was leaving a very badly designed exit driveway from a gas station. It went straight up and then straight down. As I was straddling the peak of the curve, I decided it was time to pull out when a car out of no where came flying down the road. I panicked and stalled the bike, causing me to go over the peak and close to the road. My bike fell over to the right side, but I was able to catch it with my right leg. My left leg was up in the air, and my pants were caught on the peg. I was holding onto my bike with both hands and trying to push the bike back upwards. Several people drove around me to exit the gas station without so much as a second thought of helping me. After 3 minutes of me desperately trying not to drop my bike I hear someone yell out "I'm coming, hold on buddy!". A man hops out of his car and helps push the bike back upright. If it wasn't for that man, I wouldn't have been able to get up and I would have had no choice but to lay the bike down.

Just a warning for everyone, be very careful when leaving uneven roads. It was already tricky to get up and over the peak, let alone pull out and have a car come out of nowhere. I'm writing this just to give that man another gratitude of my thanks, because he was the only one that seemed to care about anyone but himself, and I'm very thankful for that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's quite a story. Learn where your mistakes happened and never live that again. Any damage to your bike is bad enough so you were lucky. Keep riding and don't look back.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I almost dropped my 600, that fucker is heavy. They always feel light till they are falling. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This incident has kind of discouraged me from riding for a few days. I've been riding for about a month now and have 1130 miles but this is the first close call I've ever had...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Don't let that discourage you. Just get back on and go. You are still learning. On my first bike(ninja 500), I nearly dropped it leaving the dealership. Second bike (ninja 300), I got pulled out in front of in a parking lot while turning in and almost dropped it. On my 3rd bike (gixxer 600) I almost dropped it trying to turn as slow as possible only using the clutch. Slow speed drops are very common. Just saddle up and learn from your mistakes. Find an empty parking lot and practice emergency maneuvers fast and slow speeds.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
interesting dilemma. glad you sorted it. 3 minutes, man thats determination right there.ya know if you did this on both the left and ride side a few times a week you could video it and sell it as your own training / fitness routine a& make a fortune, lol

good to hear good Samaritans still exit now days, even if few & few between to help you get it upright

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Cant believe no one thought to help you sooner.

Its a massive fear of mine getting my pants caught up on the pegs.http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
never happened to me, but mind you i make sure my legs of my pants arent baggy if needed i will get the legs taken in and made smaller (not shorter) to avoid this

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interesting dilemma. glad you sorted it. 3 minutes, man thats determination right there.ya know if you did this on both the left and ride side a few times a week you could video it and sell it as your own training / fitness routine a& make a fortune, lol

good to hear good Samaritans still exit now days, even if few & few between to help you get it upright
I refused to drop it and after I realized I wasn't going to be able to upright it I just held on and prayed someone would come to my assistance.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Definitely going to get frame sliders installed very soon, that's for sure.
dont forget, frame sliders are not really designed to stop the fairing getting scratched, they are to protect the frame when you come off at speed and throw the bike down the road, you might still get a few scratches on your fairing if you drop the bike as others on the forum have discovered;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dont forget, frame sliders are not really designed to stop the fairing getting scratched, they are to protect the frame when you come off at speed and throw the bike down the road, you might still get a few scratches on your fairing if you drop the bike as others on the forum have discovered;)
Do you think they are still worth getting then?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts