Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while patiently awaiting the day my ninja arrives, iv been looking for an alarm system i could install. Ill be having to get theft only insurance as fully comp is about 3k a year for me (bastards) anyhow, has anyone installed one? If so what brand did you get? how effective is it? and ease of installing the thing? and are they worth buying? :eek:

· Registered
575 Posts
Hey SpicyNuggets!

Wow that is ridiculous! Does theft only also have third party insurance: damage to anyone you're at fault for?

I'm with QBE Insurance, 26yrs P1 and 1 crash this month (still rating 2 rider) and it was about $4-500a year.

Insure my ride, was $770 full comprehensive, however be warned their excesses are high for new/inexperienced riders! My crash cost me $1200 excess. 400 standard plus 800 inexperienced (only been riding 3-4months)

Ok so back to alarms, how much do they cost, and can they be fitted yourself???

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey SpicyNuggets!

Wow that is ridiculous! Does theft only also have third party insurance: damage to anyone you're at fault for?

I'm with QBE Insurance, 26yrs P1 and 1 crash this month (still rating 2 rider) and it was about $4-500a year.

Insure my ride, was $770 full comprehensive, however be warned their excesses are high for new/inexperienced riders! My crash cost me $1200 excess. 400 standard plus 800 inexperienced (only been riding 3-4months)

Ok so back to alarms, how much do they cost, and can they be fitted yourself???
No it was just theft, i had to get third party separately... that was about 300 or so itself lol Maybe my age (21) has to do with the massive excess? I have never claimed though? .... well yet lol :rolleyes:

· Registered
575 Posts
Spicy nuggets, definitely shop around aye. Swann are a bit expensive, but Insure my ride is generally ok, if you are ok with a large excess.

Let me know how you go with alarms, i may start looking next month

· Registered
540 Posts
Xena alarms.

Heard these gives a lot of false positive scares. What's your thoughts in them cause I'm more interested in using these to prevent assholes from sitting on MY baby.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
650 Posts
Xena alarms.

Heard these gives a lot of false positive scares. What's your thoughts in them cause I'm more interested in using these to prevent assholes from sitting on MY baby.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App
I have never had a false. It's not very sensitive. If you are trying to keep people from sitting on your bike u will need an alarm and a proximity sensor. You should get a disc lock anyway since they can just push it away. Alarms don't do much these days.

· Registered
934 Posts
I have a xena xx14 disk lock alarm. Works beautifully! And is very sensitive, you bump the bike and the alarm goes off. lol its loud too!

Insurance... I had to shop around myself... I have liek 5 speeding tickets within a few years and I am 22. and a male. SO My insurance is high... I got my bike and was quoted 2800... for full comp... that was with nationwide, then progressive, is what I have now, I amy liek 1200 a year for full comp

I am switching again to marklel-bikeline, they quoted my 500 bucks a year! Gatta do that after the holidays.

Try markel, bikeline, I am about 90% positive they will be the cheapest u can find.

http://markelinsuresfun.com/

Shop around!!! its well worth it! 5600 bucks for full comp 100/300 coverage? how can u beat it! even with my tickets on my record! lol

I did take the MSF course, but that only saved me 13 dollars a year... >_> hardly worth talking about... but It was worth taking for the experience I gained

Reactions: jnsh

· Registered
934 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.