Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random question, doesn't akroprovic exhaust for the 300 come in CF only?

·
Registered
345 Posts
What I would like to know is why they don't make a full exhaust for the 300?!? :mad:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I would do the same as I think the yoshi looks good too, my only gripe is the chrome midpipe... I'm not a fan of chrome :cool:
I dont like chrome either. Thats why I am glad my full Yoshi has polished stainless steel pipes ;)

Plus the front half of your header pipes go a beautiful golden/straw colour............good sign of good quality steel.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I dont like chrome either. Thats why I am glad my full Yoshi has polished stainless steel pipes ;)

Plus the front half of your header pipes go a beautiful golden/straw colour............good sign of good quality steel.
....well I don't like the chrome "look" of it :p

Yoshi does make good products though, no doubt.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
they only look the colour cos you havent been for a good long ride on it yet mate, go & rack up about 600kays or more in a day & watch it chnage colour again. it will start at where the manifold bolts to the head & go blue and change colours all the way back along it like a rainbow.

if you want to buy me a return airfare i will come & show you how its done;)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Na mate should stay a golden colour for its lifetime, with the only blueing/purpleing happening at the first bend in the exhaust right up top as this is the turbulent hottest part. If your pipes go that blue or purple colour any further down than this, they have gotten too hot. It will occur naturally in tight radii of the pipe, as this becomes a hot spot but should never change to that colour on straight lengths.

If you have your headers changing into a rainbowish colour further down than the first bend in the pipe, very good sign of a hot running or lean running motor. Also a sign of poor quality stainless or pipe used that is too thin for the application.

Should be a golden colour up till the collector or just past, and then shiny stainless all the way back to the muffler as this should never get hot enough to change the colour.

This was the first thing I was looking for to make sure that Yoshi hadnt skimped on the thickness of the pipe to save costs, was the colour it changed after being hot at full temp for an extended time. Well impressed with the quality and thickness of the piping used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts