Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone share their experiences or opinions on the Aprapovic slip-exhaust yet? I've heard its a better product than the yoshimura and the two brothers but I can't decide between the 3.

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you going for a slip on then all you're looking for is a noise maker and what looks more appealing to you(shape,size,stainless,carbon fiber,titanium).akropovic is the most expensive of the 3 then yoshi then two brothers.if you want performance then rather go full exhaust.there's a small cable that's connected to the exhaust near the engine(look under the bike).its removed when fitting a full exhaust and that's pretty much what changes your performance(the different makes probably vary the performance a bit aswell).its just a co2 emmisions catalyst.I don't have any of them yet but I do want the two brothers.(I like the carbon fiber canister and end cap.I obviously can't comment on quality but if you want noise then there are utube videos of the different slip ons.

Reactions: motoman

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can not speak to the difference of these specific pipes for the 300 but I have used the different brands on some other bikes. From a quality standpoint the Akropovic products seem to be a notch above the Two Brothers.

·
Registered
295 Posts
They are all good products, though I have heard that the Two Brothers Carbon Fiber black exhaust has some quality issues (over time) and the company doesn't seem to back the product up. Then again it's cheaper than other options so maybe it's not a huge deal if the thing breaks in a few years.

Personally I don't like the way the Yoshi sits so close to the rear passenger peg, it's not much better than the stock exhaust.

I've been eyeing these:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-serket-taper-slip-on-exhaust-kawasaki-ninja-300-2013

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/akrapovic-slip-on-exhaust-kawasaki-ninja-300-2013

http://www.competitionwerkes.com/products/Kawasaki/2013/Ninja300/gp-exhaust-WK300-S

But I don't think you can go very wrong with any of the options you've asked about. The akrapovic is the 2nd most expensive option out there, I'm not sure many have plopped down the cash for it ;O)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are you going for performance, looks, weight, just to have something other than stock? Do you have a budget?

I would say Akro, then Yoshi, then 2 bros.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
My Yoshi sits further away than the stock did, although I have a full system so I dunno about the slip on.

The wire going to the exhaust on the European model as Kenneth mentioned is just a O2 sensor, the US and Australian models dont run this, I am not sure about California........they do some silly shit there. This sensor can be eliminated as mentioned, or can be utilised to constantly moniter the exhaust composition in partner with a power commander to constantly adjust fuel/ignition values for the optimum performance.

My Yoshi even has some quality issue with the end cap, I can see this losing its laquer fairly quickly and fading at a different rate to the rest of the muffler. All carbon fibre, real carbon fibre anyways, will fade and dull over time, just part of owning CF parts. But compared to that horrible odd looking diamond pattern that TwoBros use, the Yoshi is beautiful. And the M4, and the Akrapovic.

If you are going a slip on only, and you like the Akrapovic, I would definitely go this as is a very nice can and they are of very high quality.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you going for performance, looks, weight, just to have something other than stock? Do you have a budget?

I would say Akro, then Yoshi, then 2 bros.
I'm looking for a better exhaust note primarily and you can't go wrong with having a lighter one as well. (better looks would be nice too), not extra power though. I personally don't have the money nor do I really want to do full exhaust to begin with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys think the price difference is worth it for the akrapovic? Looks like you do get better quality and I have heard of quality issues coming from the two bros.. Akrapovic deffinitely seems like a higher-end exhaust over the others, all seem to be close in pricing though. Heres what I found..

Two brothers: $367-447
Yoshi: $344-450
Akrapovic: $500

Does anyone know about the sound level difference between them? From the YouTube videos I've watched the two bros seems to be the loudest. I want something with better sound but don't really want to annoy anyone. I've never heard them in person so any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
655 Posts
akrapovic is better looking in my opinion though I ended up going with yoshi R77 CF Full system as akrapovic doesn't do a full exhaust.

Lots of sound videos can be found on youtube on all 3 exhausts.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Another way of looking at slip ons vs full exhaust is why pay all that money just for noise.its seems a bit mad.you might as well go all the way.is noise really worth 450?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Another way of looking at slip ons vs full exhaust is why pay all that money just for noise.its seems a bit mad.you might as well go all the way.is noise really worth 450?
But to go a full system he would essentially be paying twice that once you buy a tuner to go with it, and he mentioned he didnt have a lot of money. For some people I would definitely recommend just a slip on.

motoman said:
I'm looking for a better exhaust note primarily and you can't go wrong with having a lighter one as well. (better looks would be nice too), not extra power though. I personally don't have the money nor do I really want to do full exhaust to begin with.
If your looking for better looks, dont buy the TwoBros carbon fibre, that thing is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly. But thats just my opinion you may love it!!

Check out some of the smaller brands too, the Delkovic, DanMoto, Leo Vince and Musarri are all relatively cheap and still look and sound the part. I had a CF Musarri on mine before the full Yoshi, I actually preferred the sound that came from that. And it only cost 200 bucks. But hated the look of the stock headers, tiny like toothpicks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've opted for the Yoshi slip-on. But only becuase i'm pretty set on stepping up to something abit bigger than the 300 in a year so don't want to go to crazy on mods/spending.

But yeah imo the Yoshi looks the best out of the lot! :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Money who needs it id rather have a sexy ninja :cool:

I tend to go all out when i do something so the slip on would just not do but i see your point if its just a stepping stone.

I'm pretty sure ill hang onto it for a few more years even if its a 2nd bike.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Money who needs it id rather have a sexy ninja :cool:

I tend to go all out when i do something so the slip on would just not do but i see your point if its just a stepping stone.

I'm pretty sure ill hang onto it for a few more years even if its a 2nd bike.
True that, the 300 will never leave my stable now. Best small displacement bike I have ever ridden, ooooooooooh maybe..........just above par on my old GSX250F, that thing was awesome fun being a 4 cyl. But didnt have the styling and looks of the 300. Mind you it would be 22 this year if i still had it :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
True that, the 300 will never leave my stable now. Best small displacement bike I have ever ridden, ooooooooooh maybe..........just above par on my old GSX250F, that thing was awesome fun being a 4 cyl. But didnt have the styling and looks of the 300. Mind you it would be 22 this year if i still had it :eek:
oh yeah, i traded my gsx250f for the 300. i miss the scream of the inline 4, but i dont miss the 12 litre fuel tank, or the carbies, but great fun to ride though, oh yes!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
oh yeah, i traded my gsx250f for the 300. i miss the scream of the inline 4, but i dont miss the 12 litre fuel tank, or the carbies, but great fun to ride though, oh yes!
Yeah 12L didnt go far hey!! But I suppose they did manage to fit it under the seat, I am yet to see another bike that has done that. Do you know of any others that have done this mate?

Back on track............any exhaust other than the stock is an improvement motoman, and weight savings to be had all around.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you going for a slip on then all you're looking for is a noise maker and what looks more appealing to you(shape,size,stainless,carbon fiber,titanium).akropovic is the most expensive of the 3 then yoshi then two brothers.if you want performance then rather go full exhaust.there's a small cable that's connected to the exhaust near the engine(look under the bike).its removed when fitting a full exhaust and that's pretty much what changes your performance(the different makes probably vary the performance a bit aswell).its just a co2 emmisions catalyst.I don't have any of them yet but I do want the two brothers.(I like the carbon fiber canister and end cap.I obviously can't comment on quality but if you want noise then there are utube videos of the different slip ons.
So what happens if you unplug the cable for on a stock exhaust?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts