Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to know if anyone has put the air injection block off plates on their Ninja 300?

I have a Leo Vince slip on, K&N Air Filter and +1 front sprocket. I am now experiencing popping on deceleration snd plan on getting an Area P Autotune and was wondering if the block off plates will help.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I am wanting to know if anyone has put the air injection block off plates on their Ninja 300?

I have a Leo Vince slip on, K&N Air Filter and +1 front sprocket. I am now experiencing popping on deceleration snd plan on getting an Area P Autotune and was wondering if the block off plates will help.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Area-P auto tune? I have heard of the Power Commander/Dynojet autotune but never an Area-P one.........or are you refering to the actual EFI tuner itself? :confused:

I do know of a few members here and elsewhere that have done the block off, seems like a 50/50 on it working or not. Some report no more pops on decel, then some report a few extra problems then popping up after doing the block off plate. An easier way to start off with is to simply pinch/clamp/plug the clean air hose that goes from the airbox to the cylinder head, and see if that stops the popping. That way you can see if it will work before going to the extent of ripping it all apart, blocking it off via the plate and then finding out it didnt work. Easy way to test before wasting your time.

Just a word of caution with this though, if you are still running the factory header system with catalytic converter in place, removing the clean air system can cause an over rich condition in your exhaust, due to the fresh air now not being injected into the exhaust air stream. Catalytic convertors can and do melt/break up under these circumstances. Both the cats in my twin system of my GenIII powered ute melted after having some tuning work done, due to the exact same thing.....an overly rich exhaust emission. Not that anyone cares about having the cat gone or not, but if you live in one of those over policed nanny states, you may fail your emission testing.

Try another little exercise too, remove your K&N filter and replace the stock. If you dont have added fuel via a tuner to compensate for the extra air coming in, this may also have an affect on the popping. This is a quick easy test that I would do first, and then try blocking the air injection system.

Two easy tests there for ya first before spending anything:
  1. Try replacing high flow air filter with stock filter first,
  2. Try just pinching/plugging clean air injection hose from airbox to cylinder head.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
popping on decell is normal. mine did it with k&n air cleaner & two bro's pipe, i didnt get the pc5 fitted till about 2 months later and it was still popping on decell

i love the pop sound, its a great sound to listen to , music to my ears

1 - 3 of 3 Posts