Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I had a talk to a bike mechanic friend of mine the other day about my Ninja, and he told me that it's possible that the Ninja, being a 300cc and a learner legal bike, has some sort of air flow restrictor in its air intake to limit the power delivered to the wheels.

And of course, I knew the best place to ask if it really does :) Could anyone give me any insight into this at all?

Thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
How much power does the AU spec 300 make? Just compare that to other regions and you'll be able to tell if it's being restricted.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
there is no air flow re-stricter im aware of other then the stock air cleaner and the stock exhaust, you need to remember its 300 cc, not 600 cc

my 1996 honda cbr250rr in line 4 had about 45 hp, my 1991 suzuki gsx250f inline 4 had about 45hp as well

this bike with a k&n , slipon/full system, power commander 5 and dyno tune i would expect between 40-45hp as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
not the air filter and air muffler is what it was called. it was in the arrow shaped plastic tube between the air filter and the throttle body. all it did was to keep the intake noise low. I took it out and put a k&n and glass pack on it . made a nice gain in power and mileage on that little 2.3l

·
Registered
630 Posts
not the air filter and air muffler is what it was called. it was in the arrow shaped plastic tube between the air filter and the throttle body. all it did was to keep the intake noise low. I took it out and put a k&n and glass pack on it . made a nice gain in power and mileage on that little 2.3l
Most everyone takes out the snorkel on the 300/250r.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts