Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surfing the web today listening to some of the shorty pipes, I think they look great but sound way to loud.
It got me thinking about the local laws. I'm from FL and don't want to get pinned with tickets for Aftermarket parts.

Any help?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Check your local sound ordinances. Then look at the db levels on the manufacturers info guide.

Most aftermarket companies are making quality pipes, that aren't over the sound limits.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Not sure about FL, but in CA the only street legal exhausts are on a VERY VERY short list on the CARB website. Noise is a limited concern. Emissions is the problem.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Its all local, there are federal guidelines that trump state laws, but the states never know these laws to begin with.. So just check with local laws..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just about everything is illegal. Almost all exhausts have a disclaimer that say for off road use only.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Slip on exhausts are 100% legal as long as they dont exceed noise limits (most of them dont) because they dont tamper with emisions? full exhausts do depending on if its catless. Some tires might be ilegal due tread, but it all depends.
You have to check local laws. And remember, just because its legal, doesnt mean u should use it. Who knows how many cops will pull you over because they think its not legal.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
FL isn't an EMCON state (as there are NO state inspections on cars/transportation) for anything... so the only concern here would be noise but on that regard FL is also a strong bastion in the "Loud Pipes Save Lives" crowd so bottom line? I know nothing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts