Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to get everyone's take on this and get feedback as to who has done what.

Just got and installed my Yoshimura CF slip on. Installed with no baffle and love the sound. Then installed with baffle and noticed a throaty tone...but not a screamer.

What's everyone running on their exhausts? Baffle or no baffle? Have you noticed cops starting to pay more attention after your install? Last thing I want to do is roll by a cop and have him/her pop me for a loud exhaust. I am aware of the fact that most exhausts are illegal; but I cannot stand the deafly quiet OEM exhaust.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
have a 2 bros.full system,added there power tip silencer and there diffuser for a little less sound.live in the city have had some issues with the noise already,but i must say it really sounds great.without silencer and diffuser pretty loud .lets ride...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
If you're in the dead center of the city of Temecula then you may have some noise abatement issues if you get on it. But the cool thing about Temecula and Murrieta, is once you get out of the city, it's pretty sparse after that. It's not like it is down here near LA where it's like one giant homogeneous blob of cities where the only way to you can tell you entered a different city is the street name changes.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. Putting the baffle in kinda defies the point of the exhaust...but it sounds deep and throaty. I do notice that people do hear it and seem a little more aware. I'll ride with it in for a few days and a couple days without it. See what happens.

I was told by my coworker who had a Yoshimura exhaust, that it gets deeper and louder over time.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I was told by my coworker who had a Yoshimura exhaust, that it gets deeper and louder over time.
thats right, if you have a look in side the after-market can its packed with fibre strands, many years of use they usually need a repack & the same thing happens, they start of quiet and get louder/deeper

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hell, I couldn't even figure out how to get the baffle in my Yoshi muffler....lol. I would like to get a stainless tip that would go on to replace the Yoshi muffler so I would be running straight pipes. Sounds CRAZY!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same as above for me as well.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
The Yoshi silencer is a pressed fit, or tapped fit to be more precise. Its made so no gases escape past the sides of the silencer.

STG has a video up on their site which shows you how to get it in and out, otherwise simply line up the holes and push in as far as you can by hand, which wont be much and then use something round and soft on top to slowly tap it in until the holes line up.

Removal is reverse of above, just tap it out through the inlet of the muffler.

All of this is much easier done off the bike too, it is near impossible to line up the holes unless you are holding it, and absolutely impossible to remove the silencer whilst the muffler is on the bike.

I run with the baffle in, I love the deepness to it at idle with the baffle out, but just gets overly obnoxiously loud at full throttle with it out, so the baffle/silencer went back in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Baffle blew out!

Leo Vince w/ baffle, sounds perfect to me.

Without it the sound is just too much, and I get crazy backfiring.

-THE DON

Same with me. I rode w/o baffle after installing and it was obnoxiously loud with backfire everytime I decelerate. Baffle in is the perfect medium.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I have recently installed a Leo Vince. First bike, first time installing aftermarket exhaust. I put the baffle in and screwed in the bolt and nut BY HAND, but it was tight (as much as possible by hand). Having no prior knowledge or experience, I figured I'd ride to my friend's house to show it off and take the baffle out there and hear what it sounds like without. Halfway through the trip, my bike got LOUD. I pulled over, checked, no baffle. Went and found it, the tip that goes in the exhaust was a little dented possibly from a car grazing over it. I used pliers and fixed it. Lesson learned. Don't tighten any screws by hand only. But that did get me to thinking, it wasn't loose, it was pretty tight on there and it blew out. I read on some websites and apparently this can happen even if you tighten the bolt down. Has this happened to anyone? Should I be concerned, drill another hole and put a second bolt/nut on? :confused:

And yes, I prefer the baffle in because the exhaust is so loud without it that it's embarrassing to ride on the bike like that. I feel like one of those douche bag harley people that sit at the light and rev their engine the entier time to show off.

·
Registered
801 Posts
No baffle! I actually find now that the pipe has some build up in it it has become much quieter than when new!
Also my silencer isn't press fit, its a little tight but I could force it in and out by hand! Yoshi

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
No baffle! I actually find now that the pipe has some build up in it it has become much quieter than when new!
Also my silencer isn't press fit, its a little tight but I could force it in and out by hand! Yoshi
It's gotten quiter? They usually get louder. Maybe it just seems quieter as you are getting used to the sound? I know when I first took it for a spin after putting on the full system, even with the baffle in, I thought WOW that is super loud. Now 2 months later I am thinking about taking it out as it seems to be quieter than at first go. But its not, I am just used to the noise now.

OMG I dont even think I would hear the stock exhaust anymore, I would be like is my bike even running? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts