Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 stator needs to be replaced. The OEM is backordered. I was thinking of whether going aftermarket would be worth it. Anyone ever do it?

·
Registered
499 Posts
When mine broke, I was going to get this:
ESG113 Stator Kawasaki Ninja EX300 by Electrosport – ElectroSport
for which I had read good reviews.

But I ended up getting a take off from eBay for about $70. Swap was straight forward and it's been on the bike with no problems for a year and a half / 1500 miles, mainly high revs track miles.

When I read about it, it looked like some 2013's models, like mine, came with bad stators, so if you get a take off, avoid 2013. Mine broke at 14000 miles.

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I read about it, it looked like some 2013's models, like mine, came with bad stators, so if you get a take off, avoid 2013. Mine broke at 14000 miles.
Stators dying always seems like a weird situation. Some people kill them out of the blue commuting, and some people kill them at the track, hard to tell... I would look at the rewinding service first and see if it makes financial sense to you, it's not an ultra complicated process to have done. But yeah a crashed bike stator is always a good idea too.

I want to change to a lithium battery, but I am genuinely afraid that changing anything in my battery/charging system will cause issues, I still have the OEM battery and stator at 49k miles lol. '14.

I just looked on PZ, the OEM stator goes for a whopping $390. But it says "ships in 3-4 days" like it usually does on any part I buy on there. So I'd still consider that an option.

-Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts