Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't mean $20 cheap but i also don't need the luxurious $150 pitbull either. I just want a decent one that will be used for an hour or two at a time for chain cleaning/adjustment basically, since i don't have anyone handy to help move around and check the bike out with me.

about to pull the trigger on a "cheap" one on amazon, Venom rear stands, for $42...

· Banned
666 Posts
trackside is good
thats the cycle gear brand
i bought a MJT rear stand off amazon cost me 50 bucks
and i bought a trackside front stand for 34 dollars on sale
last weekend at cycle gear. I recommend both
and u can even go with the trackside rear if u like

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trackside is good
thats the cycle gear brand
i bought a MJT rear stand off amazon cost me 50 bucks
and i bought a trackside front stand for 34 dollars on sale
last weekend at cycle gear. I recommend both
and u can even go with the trackside rear if u like
trackside is on sale @ cycle gear right now for either 39 or 49 i forget which, but it's an additional $10 if you order online.

do they stock them in-store?

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

· Registered
2,942 Posts
I got the track side for $50 for the rear stand.. After buying I was looking on ebay.. You can get a front and rear stand for $75 shipped, they look identical to the track side ones.. (I am sure they are the same ones just different branding)

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i just purchased the rear one on ebay... $50 shipped + spools.

didn't spring for the front one. can obtain later on if it becomes necessary/desireable anyways.

should be here sometime next week woo

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
I was looking at venom stands but I read a few reviews about how they were too wobbly while in use... Can you guys confirm/deny? I really want a pair of stands before I redo my rim tape!

· Banned
666 Posts
i got my front from cycle gear in store for 34 bucks

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was looking at venom stands but I read a few reviews about how they were too wobbly while in use... Can you guys confirm/deny? I really want a pair of stands before I redo my rim tape!
Look at the threads I linked to. Nothing but good commentary especially given the price

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Now for these stands to work. Do we need to adapt something to the bike? If so does it matter which component? Sorry still learning.
For spool-type rear stands, you'll need 10mm Swingarm Spools. The bike already has the mounting points for them (look on the bottom of your swingarm, near the back on each side), you just need to screw them in. The stand "hooks" onto these spools.

There's also paddle-type rear stands, these simply lift under the swingarm. These are not as secure as spool-type stands, as the bike can still slide off.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
while talking about the 10mm spools, just beware that where the spools screw in to, the steel tube is recessed in under the swingarm in the 300 and doesnt sit flush.there is some spools around that accommodate for this and have a extra piece of tube that goes back under the recess to make it look a little neater

· Registered
231 Posts
For spool-type rear stands, you'll need 10mm Swingarm Spools. The bike already has the mounting points for them (look on the bottom of your swingarm, near the back on each side), you just need to screw them in. The stand "hooks" onto these spools.

There's also paddle-type rear stands, these simply lift under the swingarm. These are not as secure as spool-type stands, as the bike can still slide off.
Great thanks. I just saw my bike and notice the screw in position. I'll be ordering some soon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.