Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyho,

yesterday was the Day… I bought my new Ninja 300 ABS in Green. I am going to do my License in exact 3 Weeks and now wanted to know if you want to give me any Advice for my “Bike Career” starting with the Ninja 300. How do you feel about the Power? Is it enough for a new Rider like me? I am scared that I am bored after several months…

Thank you

·
Registered
58 Posts
It all depends on the rider.

I have one friend on a 250r that has had it for 4 years... He enjoys it and hasn't planned upgrading any time soon.

I have another friend that just bought a used 250r and has had it for 2 weeks and figures he will upgrade after a few months.

My gf just started on a 300 and because of her size this will be enough bike for her for a while.

Myself, I started on a 750, I currently ride a S1000RR... I love the big bikes but they are twitchy, and unforgiving.

My advice would be enjoy it, learn all there is to learn. You can still have lots of fun on that 300 (hell, I had the gf's out on Sunday for a few km and its pretty fun once you get up to speed, because of my weight the take offs suck)

Ride the season out and if you feel like you want a bigger bike then trade it in next spring... (Depends on your seasons you experience, we get winter and bikes are worth 40% less from fall until the first nice weekend in spring)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but the Thing is... i have to ride 2 Years a restriced Bike max. 48 HP. So a bigger will come for sure in 2 Years earlier isnt possible so I have to do my best with the Bike :D

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
g'day & welcome aboard. please fill in your location details & read thru the intro for new members in my signature.

as for the power of the bike. it will only give you the amount of power you tell it to give by twisting the throttle round. remember it is a "proportional" device the throttle, not an "on/off switch" with either go flat chat or stop.

this bike is more then adequate for rookie or seasoned riders alike

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anyone can be fast in a straight line, the bigger the bike the faster you can be in that straight line.:rolleyes:

I ride with people on anything from a gigantic Harley, ZX-14, BMW 1200GS, down to my wife and I having our 300's and all sorts of bikes in between. Of some twenty people we ride with less than five can get away from me on a twisty road.

Quality miles of learning to ride properly and discovering what you like about riding will determine your ultimate bike.

Or you can be a GIXXER poser...you know buy a bike scare yourself to death (hopefully you don't smash yourself into anything) and stand next to your bike and have people see how cool you look, rather than put any miles on it. Don't forget your proper attire of tank top, shorts, sandals.:eek:

On a side note for just launching, the BMW 1200GS launches best with it's traction control, smokes everything else I have seen (if you want to be a straight liner). I would imagine the BMW S1K might beat it seeing as how it is the same maker, probably similar programming.;)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Anyone can be fast in a straight line, the bigger the bike the faster you can be in that straight line.:rolleyes:

spot on

takes *ZERO* skill to open up the throttle in a straight line, lets throw in some rain & twisty roads & see how great someone goes;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts