Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a GPS to my bike mounted so it did not block any gauges. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding mounts and devices?. Google searches are all over the place.:confused:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Why add the ugly u-bolt attachment when you can add ram ball to handlebar mirror hole on either side. Just gotta take rubber plug out then figure out thread size.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Mirror hole is 3/8" x 20 tpi I believe. Same as most mirrors out there, I tested it with an old suzuki mirror I have, screwed right in.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Any mounts or mods that sit under the windscreen area for holding a phone or gps unit?

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just installed a Bluetooth headset inside my helmet and keep my phone in my jacket pocket and it gives me turn by turn directions with plenty of notice beforehand it's a lot easier than mounting a whole device

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Wow that's a great idea. I was looking into a GPS too but didn't want to mount anything. Can't believe I didn't even think of that. Haaha thank you

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wow that's a great idea. I was looking into a GPS too but didn't want to mount anything. Can't believe I didn't even think of that. Haaha thank you
maybe just plug your headphones into your phone and use that as a gps? I'v been doing that since I started riding lol alot of other riders do to..... theres a few threads on it hahahah

·
Registered
392 Posts
I ended up buying the BILT Techno helmet from CG. So far so good, light weight, fits snug, lots of nice built in gadgets. The bluetooth works great for A2DP and Phone. The controls on the left work well and has many options that work with my "Android" device including SIRI. The phone call is clear and people can hear me well also. The music playing is also crisp. It also has a chin cover that keeps from wind coming up from the bottom. It also has a drop down "top gun" style shade which is easy to access while riding. For 170 OTD i cant complain. There is some wind noise from the rear but it isnt too bad that it overcomes the phone or music.

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I put a piece of Velcro on the gas tank key hole cover and on the back of my iPhone case. My dad uses Velcro with his radar detector and has never had an issue. With a strong side wind and even at 90 mph it held steady. I also have a piece of Velcro on my gps. It is risky but has not failed yet. My GPS falls off the ball mount in my car easily so not sure about that idea yet. My opinion.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts