Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added some graphics from military-graphics.com they are about $1 an inch for thier patterns, the big star and bar is 12 inches and only cost $12. Hard to get black only bars and shields and logo's but there are a few. I will probably change it up a little when I paint it for real.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
looks very good, krylon will probably not last long and may be more of a pain to get off; been going back and forth whether to paint my wifes bike or just vinyl it... but very tastefully done, are you going to need to use heat temp paint over the heat shield, curious to see how long regular krylon holds up to the temps...

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The sheild doesn't get that hot, I used high temp on the stainless endcap, but the shield is ok with regular paint.

·
Registered
129 Posts
didn't think it would get too bad, more worried about the summer months when its already pushing 100 outside and a full day of riding, sure looks sweet matching the bike though...

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Dude that looks so god damn awesome. I knew it was gunna be great when i saw your first paint, but damn man... that is frickin brilliant!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments....
yeah its rattle can and will chip easy, I plan a full "real" paint in the future
Was stationed at Hurlburt Field home of Air Force special ops and part of socom
(lol was given a socom coffee cup for outstanding nco about 20yrs ago, still have the cup but label is really faded)
I'm thinking on adding some tank stickers after the 3m clear, might buy some old nose art pinup types for the front divits and probably a spooky II for the center.
Next sunny day i'm calling Hurlburt PR and ask if I can wheel the bike up the airpark sidewalk and take a couple of pictures next to some planes, I actually crane lifted one of them off the bed of a truck and helped set it up.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered a pin-up (+mirror image) for the tank and the letters Fast N' Fun for under them. I also ordered a "spooky II" for the center. Not sure how it will fit in the theme, but i've already stepped out of the "camo" look with a couple of them.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went to the Air Force Armament Museum next to Eglin Air Force Base and took a couple snapshots.
Used to work on C130 engines a bit (1986 to 2012), only worked on the H60 engines for about 3 months on an assist.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts