Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first time posting here. Mostly out of need to vent. Ive had a somewhat bad accident about two weeks ago leaving me with a broken thighbone. I just took that unfaithful corner way too fast for my skill and slid on gravel on the side of the road since i wasnt able to maintain my line. As soon as i saw myself heading for a wooden post i jumped off the bike hit the ground upon which my body bounced again and rolled over....Im bed ridden for now other than some light movements on crutches. Im unable to do anything by myself... during the surgery the doc had to manipulate the leg quiet a bit since the bone sank low and in return squished one of my nerves. I cant feel my foot at all, cant move the toes. I have tingling sensation in it almost constatly with a shooting pain in my toes. It’s si far bothering me more than the actual break...

I havent seen my bike but from what i heard the forks are totally messed. It’s been towed somewhere collecting storage i guess...

This whole experience has made me feel extremely alone.

Feel free to share your own experiences and recovery to help me get through this.

As for riding I think i will ride again eventually, i miss it a lot. Possibly will only stick to track though.

Bonus: here is a picture of my baby when everything was good and well.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Man, that is pretty sh*tty. A post like this is always a good reminder to ride within our limits. Not shaming, just saying.

Concentrate on recovery. Hope everything is in good working order soon. Keep us posted on your progress! 💪

·
Registered
336 Posts
I feel sorry for you, man! I hope you will fully recover and grow stronger from the accident.

Ride safe everybody!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry to hear that, man. It happens to all of us. Hell, I went down last weekend on the track. It started raining g and the track turned to ice or something. Bike came out from under me faster than I could blink. I’m ok, but the bike is more damaged than I thought it would be. :frown2:gotta break out the torch and welder to fix the frame. :|

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear that, man. It happens to all of us. Hell, I went down last weekend on the track. It started raining g and the track turned to ice or something. Bike came out from under me faster than I could blink. I’m ok, but the bike is more damaged than I thought it would be. /forum/images/KawasakiNinja300_2015/smilies/tango_face_sad.pnggotta break out the torch and welder to fix the frame. /forum/images/KawasakiNinja300_2015/smilies/tango_face_plain.png
Man and thats why I wanna do track. Rather weld frames than broken bones haha

Thank you everyone for the support. Taking it day by day just wishing this goes by fast.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Man and thats why I wanna do track. Rather weld frames than broken bones haha

Thank you everyone for the support. Taking it day by day just wishing this goes by fast.
Don’t think that stuff can’t happen on the track. You are pushing the limits and things can happen. BUT, you are definitely putting the cards in your favor in our already dangerous hobby. Between setting up the bike better than you would for a street ride, full on race gear, a controlled environment, plenty of runoff area and an ambulance 1 minute away, there is a huge advantage over the street. :nerd:

If you have questions about the track, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Be strong. You'll recover. Your nerve pain will subside a bit when the swelling and inflammation reduces. A bit of tingling and numbness will remain always to return at night when you've worked hard. Strengthen your core and arms while you are partially immobile: it will help physically and mentally. Let the accident memory recede some for now and just focus on positives around you and on your dreams and goals. This is a hick-up, a tale to tell and a limp at the end of the day that gives you complexity and character. Read a good book: Proficient Motorcycling by Reg Pridmore. This experience will make you a better person in the end. You are blessed. :^)

·
Registered
268 Posts
:surprise:

Another bonus for the track; no ginormous cliffs to fall off of. :nerd:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be strong. You'll recover. Your nerve pain will subside a bit when the swelling and inflammation reduces. A bit of tingling and numbness will remain always to return at night when you've worked hard. Strengthen your core and arms while you are partially immobile: it will help physically and mentally. Let the accident memory recede some for now and just focus on positives around you and on your dreams and goals. This is a hick-up, a tale to tell and a limp at the end of the day that gives you complexity and character. Read a good book: Proficient Motorcycling by Reg Pridmore. This experience will make you a better person in the end. You are blessed. :^)
Thank you for the encouraging words and great advice. It really means a lot and propels me to just keep moving forward. As an avid reader I cant wait to check out that book! :nerd:

the leg is definitely getting better, unfortunately the tingling in the foot remains almost constant. im not sure whether im getting used to it or it's better every day but hey, either way...

fortunately i have great people around me who try to do as much as possible to not make me feel like a complete invalid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just saw this, reminded me of your post:

Pretty gnarly drop.
man... at that point youre relying on your gear and pure luck to save you...

i swear id have my arm crushed if not for my padded jacket.

I returned to the scene of the crash yesterday out of curiosity. it was definitely a heavy feeling seeing that corner again. noticed the wooden pole i missed was not missed by my bike and a good chunk of it was missing at the bottom. My body must have flew over 30 ft judging by where I landed.

To be honest it made me feel lucky.. It could of always always be worse.

·
Registered
137 Posts
man... at that point youre relying on your gear and pure luck to save you...

i swear id have my arm crushed if not for my padded jacket.

I returned to the scene of the crash yesterday out of curiosity. it was definitely a heavy feeling seeing that corner again. noticed the wooden pole i missed was not missed by my bike and a good chunk of it was missing at the bottom. My body must have flew over 30 ft judging by where I landed.

To be honest it made me feel lucky.. It could of always always be worse.

Yeah, that's how I feel when I recall my crash on my NINJA 1000. I've been through that corner three times since the crash (three times on my bike, twice in the direction of the crash, and once in the opposite direction; and once in my truck in the opposite direction). It sort of haunts me, I guess; it's not a road I ride often, but I'm determined not to let it get the best of me if I feel like riding it, or if I end up going through there with a group like I did just last week. Thinking back, I must've flown about 30 ft, too; if I can manage to do it safely, someday I want to take the time to walk it, to soak up what happened, maybe see if any of my bike parts are still in the ditch, try to put it behind me. Maybe I'll take Rogue with me so I'll have a shoulder to cry on.:stickpoke_smilie:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just passed a 1 year anniversary myself from an accident last year. Long story short, I have 4 plates on my right Tibia, 1 plate in my right wrist and reconstructive surgery on 3 ligaments in my left knee.

I've had a long recovery, but keeping positive, doing everything the dr told me to do, as well as keep up and not slack off on my PT and exercises and I've come a LONG way to getting better. The nerves are the hardest to deal with, mostly just even from being traumatized, or bruised, they take a long time to recover.

I have yet to get back on a bike myself, mostly just because I know I'm not ready yet, and last thing I want to do is push it, and do something worse until i'm ready.

Having the support of friends and those around you will go a long way to a fast, full recovery. Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
In 2002 I sped around a corner on my Ninja ZX-6R and highsided landing on my head and hands. My wrists were messed up a little and had a minor concussion. I stopped riding for 16 years and riding within my skill level. Nerve injuries are especially complicated and yes, I hope you heal well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts