Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
In my opinion, the absolute best exhaust by far, irrespective of price, for the Ninja 300, is the Coffman Shorty Exhaust. Fortunately it's only $220. Only thing I can't decide is what color to get it in...
I guess that just cements the idea that it's subjective... Does that thing even count as a silencer? I hope it at least comes with earplugs. It looks nice, but I don't think that's worth the grief one's neighbors would cause over the noise.

On the other hand, the swingarm on that pic looks awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mussari gp street is the one I ended up going with. Easily removed silencer depending on my mood and it’s a shorty so with a fender eliminator you get a nice big void from tire to fender. Was going to go with a competition werkes but just settled on mussari. Saved a couple bucks I think. There’s a great vid on youtube a guy did with silencer in and out in a bunch of different scenarios.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with an Akrapovic on my KRT; it's the first aftermarket bike muffler I've ever had. I didn't want to risk buying crap, so I consulted some riding buddies and did some online research. I hated to fork over the cash, but I've been really happy with it! The reason I bought it was to uncramp my right foot when lowering the pegs wasn't enough. It did the trick! It'll also allow more clearance for the sidebags, if they ever show up (Givi USA expects a shipment from the factory at the end of the month, so maybe by Christmas??:hope:) I went with CF for the aesthetics. It's definitely lighter than the stock muffler, and I really like the sound: a little richer and throatier, maybe a tad louder but not enough to make my husband complain:RantExplode:. And while I'm sure that MAL and others can substantiate claims about a slip-on's lack of improvement in bike performance, it seems to me that my bike has a little more pep than it did with the stock muffler, but don't ask me to prove it.:emot-science:
Akra is the Best! =)

·
Registered
2 Posts
One year later, I finally got it. I think it sounds amazing, and although the backfires sound thrilling I'm slightly worried about how that might damage my engine so I'm probably gonna tune it. Also it's only $200 on the Coffman website, and $180 on Black Friday apparently, when I got it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts