Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,581 Posts
yeah i could have bought one the other day here in Tampa area...

· Registered
434 Posts
Ok this one goes to all you Florida riders:

It's a little OT, but I want to know, how do you maintain with that insane heat down there? I can't imagine how hot it must get under a helmet, let alone any other gear you may wear.

· Registered
239 Posts

It's a little OT, but I want to know, how do you maintain with that insane heat down there? I can't imagine how hot it must get under a helmet, let alone any other gear you may wear.
I can't speak for bike riding (still waiting for a dealer to find me my 300), but from my time spent playing paintball in full gear (very similar to bike riding gear) in the summer, you just deal with it.

Your gear gets soaked with sweat, so you just wash it after every time you wear it.

Also, you try to avoid being in the sun for too long when it's the hottest out (usually noon to early afternoon).

I'd imagine with properly vented bike gear, that it's bearable if you are used to the heat.

· Registered
304 Posts

It's not bad if you're moving. As soon as you stop you start to heat up pretty quickly, but as long as you aren't stuck in traffic it's not bad. Gloves get mighty sweaty and it's nice to have a helmet with a removeable liner.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
1,581 Posts

Mesh. Mesh and textile. And venting and speed. In addition drink a lot of water before departing

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Dirt bikes are a bit different when it comes to ABS. They can actually stop faster depending on how lose the soil is. If the soil is soft and you lock your tires on a dirt bike, it causes the soil to bunch up in front of the tire as you slide. This can cause more resistance, and more braking power than if the tire were allowed to spin, clearing away the dirt in front of the tire.

· Registered
239 Posts
No one really needs ABS, but it's a feature that I'd just feel more comfortable having.

Like lane departure, collision detection, ABS, DTC, and other car safety systems, it's just one more thing keeping you on the road.

Even if you only use those systems once, chances are they saved you life, limb, or at least some expensive repairs!

· Registered
1,581 Posts
lack of traction control has led to some real fun moments :D

· Registered
239 Posts
lack of traction control has led to some real fun moments :D
Especially with a RWD car :cool:

But it's good to be able to turn it back on when you are done throwing caution to the wind!

Threw down my deposit for my 300 SE ABS today at an Orlando Kawasaki dealer, expected delivery is first week of January or Jan. 10th at the latest :D

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No one really needs ABS, but it's a feature that I'd just feel more comfortable having.

Like lane departure, collision detection, ABS, DTC, and other car safety systems, it's just one more thing keeping you on the road.

Even if you only use those systems once, chances are they saved you life, limb, or at least some expensive repairs!
Exactly.

ABS is like seatbelts in cars. If it was $700 cheaper to get a car without them you probably would, even though it could have been the best money you ever spent.

I can only think of about two instances in my fifteen thousand miles of riding that I could have used ABS...but that alone makes it worth the wait for me.

· Registered
218 Posts

Good argument, thanks

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How far is 'too far' for a ride home from the dealership?

I found one but it will be ~75 miles to get it back home. Not sure if I can avoid highways.
I will take it 'easy' and change the oil when I get it home but I'm still a little worried about that long of a trip right outta the box!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.