Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I changed my instrument Gauge Cluster, and when I turned on my motocycle, the ABS light its on, but my model does not having ABS, someone know how to turn off this light?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Someone else had the exact same problem just recently:

The easiest and most practical solution (although not very 'professional') is to simply put some black tape over the ABS light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Someone else had the exact same problem just recently:

The easiest and most practical solution (although not very 'professional') is to simply put some black tape over the ABS light.
Thanks, I did that already, but I'm looking for a more technical solution, like bypassing the sensor or maybe some combination of buttons to deactivate the light

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks, I did that already, but I'm looking for a more technical solution, like bypassing the sensor or maybe some combination of buttons to deactivate the light
Based on my understanding of the system, you'd have to "fool" the cluster into thinking the ABS was working perfectly, which seems like it would be harder than installing the ABS system on your bike.
Oh, I'm sure you could crack open the case, de-solder the LED from the board, and reassemble the cluster if you wanted, but that seems like overkill.

·
Super Moderator
2,643 Posts
Well, technically you bought the wrong cluster for your bike; so, your options are:
  1. Learn to live with the black tape
  2. Crack open the cluster and take the lightbulb out behind that window in the cluster
  3. Crack open and remove the solder link to the sensor
  4. Buy a gauge cluster for a non-ABS bike
P.S. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts