Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 791 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Called my dealer they told me to bring it in so they could run some tests on it to be sure that it was defective. After about an hour they told me they were ordering the part and they would call me when it came in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
342 Posts
Called my dealer they told me to bring it in so they could run some tests on it to be sure that it was defective. After about an hour they told me they were ordering the part and they would call me when it came in.

Is this dealer new? According to the SM, the ECU is unserviceable. The only thing to be done is replacement. I am 3k away from an oil change or 5 weeks away until I go to the dealer and buy another filter. That will be the point I will ask about the ECU.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Is this dealer new? According to the SM, the ECU is unserviceable. The only thing to be done is replacement. I am 3k away from an oil change or 5 weeks away until I go to the dealer and buy another filter. That will be the point I will ask about the ECU.
No it's Southbay Motorsports in Chula Vista, where I bought my bike. They never made mention that it was serviceable but apparently there are some tests that can be run to see if the ECU is faulty. Evidently whatever they came back with showed that it was faulty and that it did need to be replaced.

·
Registered
342 Posts
No it's Southbay Motorsports in Chula Vista, where I bought my bike. They never made mention that it was serviceable but apparently there are some tests that can be run to see if the ECU is faulty. Evidently whatever they came back with showed that it was faulty and that it did need to be replaced.

It's been established by the NHTSA the board design is defective, there are no tests to be done.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just ran across this "NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A BLUE DOT NEXT TO THE PART NUMBER ON THE ECU, IT INDICATES A REPROGRAMMED ECU. "
Now if I can just find out where the heck the ecu is located on the bike...............

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Just ran across this "NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A BLUE DOT NEXT TO THE PART NUMBER ON THE ECU, IT INDICATES A REPROGRAMMED ECU. "
Now if I can just find out where the heck the ecu is located on the bike...............
I thought it was under the seat somewhere.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
So did I. But in my owners dvd I cant find a record of it and have asked as others have where its located but no answers. I would ( guess ) either under the front seat or back seat, but if that's true I wonder why they say replacing it takes an hour?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
So did I. But in my owners dvd I cant find a record of it and have asked as others have where its located but no answers. I would ( guess ) either under the front seat or back seat, but if that's true I wonder why they say replacing it takes an hour?
I am pretty certain it is under your seat, underneath another metal plate that needs to be removed. There are videos of where it is located around the place, I saw one on youtube the other day you may need to do a bit of searching. Positive it is under your seat though.

Replacing probably only takes 20 minutes, but 1hr would be what is listed in the book regarding times for repairs and servicing. They just have a standard time that is listed that they will tell you regardless of if it takes that time or not. Also so they can charge Kawasaki for a full hour on warranty work.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine is recalled also. Having the EFI tuner and "custom" aluminum bolts everywhere I wish they could just give me new one for me to do it myself. I hate dealing with dealerships, even though the one I go to is cool.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Phone call this morning my little red rocket is part of the recall,Dealership can't register until recall is taken care of. I'll have to wait a little longer:(

·
Registered
51 Posts
I called my dealer today and he says that he can't order any parts until they have my bike. Anyone else get this message?

41 - 60 of 791 Posts