Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am about to buy the 300. I am getting an out the door price of 5680$ including tax,reg, title & freight on a white non abs 300. And 6400$ for lime, with abs version.

My question is, is this price fair? Are there discounts to be had from the dealers on this bike?
Second question, is spending an extra 500$ on abs worth it? Were'nt disk brakes the safest latest things a couple years back?

Sandy
NY

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am about to buy the 300. I am getting an out the door price of 5680$ including tax,reg, title & freight on a white non abs 300. And 6400$ for lime, with abs version.

My question is, is this price fair? Are there discounts to be had from the dealers on this bike?
Second question, is spending an extra 500$ on abs worth it? Were'nt disk brakes the safest latest things a couple years back?

Sandy
NY

Check the OTD thread. There aren't any discounts to be had on the bike. Some people have had success doing a straight up dealer price talkdown...and others have gone through the Costco buying program to get them a great price on their bikes.

As for ABS... if your a new rider then spending the $500 now is likely to save you $500 in medical bills when you make an error in judgement or panic and put the breaks on hard on the non ABS version. Do some research and search these forums all of your questions have already been answered.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Hey Guys,

Sandy
NY
Are you a new or experienced rider?

ABS is worth it in any situation, I have already had an oh shit moment where the ABS kicked in and have seen a few posts already on this forum about people going down that having ABS could have saved that from happening. It will increase your stopping distance ever so slightly, but you wont have your wheels locking up when you grab those brakes hard in an emergency. Because your brain wont tell you "ease on the brakes, I dont have ABS".

Talking about price is a mute point, the prices people are paying seem to vary depending on location and dealer. If you think it is fair, then it is fair. Mate I paid 7 grand, you wouldnt think it is fair, but I am in Australia and everything is more expensive. But for the type of bike that I wanted and what I wanted to pay for it, I thought it was fair. And it is brand spanking new.

You will be hard pressed to get a discount from a dealer for this bike, high demand all over the world. Best bet would be to negotiate a discount on other things that the dealer has more control over the pricing of, such as gear or even discounts on your servicing. I get 15% off all items I purchase from my dealer for an indefinite period. Best thing about finding a good dealer, is you will get to know them and they you. Having a good rapport with your dealer will get you the biggest savings for future.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I paid 5550 OTD for white non abs. My buddy paid 6150 OTD for a Se with abs. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Reactions: Sandy

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
ABS is for pussies

I'll be licking my wounds for the comment while you are adding salt no doubt. Knock on wood...
Cant wait I got a big tub of the stuff just waiting on hand.........;)

I would say that ABS is for your brain. Because like I mentioned, when that car pulls out in front of you......in that millisecond........the only thing your brain is telling your body parts to do is jump on those brakes. Hard. I'll take the ABS in that situation for sure, and I did.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Cant wait I got a big tub of the stuff just waiting on hand.........;)

I would say that ABS is for your brain. Because like I mentioned, when that car pulls out in front of you......in that millisecond........the only thing your brain is telling your body parts to do is jump on those brakes. Hard. I'll take the ABS in that situation for sure, and I did.
Wish I was a good enough rider to qualify my empty "pussy" statement...it was meant in jest of course. For the exact reasons you noted, ABS cannot be discounted. A hand full of front brake in the wrong instance will spell disaster. The non ABS version of this bike is pretty weak. On the one hand that could be a good thing in the wrong situation. On the other you may well be left short.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i agree 100% infact this is exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago on my way to work i was half day dreaming and damn near slammed up the ass end of a truck and i panicked and grabbed a fist full of front / rear brake, the abs kicked in and saved my ass. i stopped about no more then half a meter from the back of the truck, my heart was racing

i have not had an "oh shit" moment while riding bikes for over 8 or 9 years now, thank heavens they are extremely rare, and on both occasions abs saved my skin, last one was on my bmw k1200rs & the abs saved my skin then too

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh so many guys responded. Thanks people for your opinion. I am an experienced rider if you call riding a 150cc for 4 years on crazy new delhi streets, that. I am in upsate NY and 5680 did look above average to me for non-ABS. Tomorrow I am gonna visit the dealer/s and learn how he is arriving at the price. Maybe I can save some on the DMV stuff by doing that myself. And definitely ABS looks like a life saver judging from your experiences. A stupid car driver pulling out on the road suddenly has happened to me in the recent past and it totalled my car. I get it, that on a bike it would have totalled me!!! Thanks for your advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts