Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
My name on just about every forum I'm on is GenPatton, and have been involved with motorcycles of my own for the last 3 years now. I am 23 years old from the Capital Region of NY. When I was younger (~6 years old) my dad had owned a few Harley's and I went everywhere with him as his passenger. It made me love motorcycles. Him and his brothers rode their whole lives; my dad having ~40 years of riding experience. My uncle on the other hand fell short - 5 minutes before I was born, he crashed his brand new 89' Kawasaki Ninja ZX10 and lost his leg.

Anyhow, flashing forward, so I've always wanted my own bike, and when my buddy turned 20, he bought himself a 96' Gixxer SRAD. He let me ride his bike, and I immediately fell in love with sport bikes. The following week, against my better judgement, I bought myself a CBR 900RR

So .. come the end of August, only have a month of riding, I get a call from my friend saying he was at the Hospital, he got into a motorcycle accident. I guess a 17 year old girl coming the opposite way down a road, wanted to take a side street, thought she had time, turned, and my friend ended up slamming into her rear quarter panel at 30mph, flying over her car, and only wearing a t-shirt, work pants, gloves and a helmet, somehow managed to not get any road rash, but did break his arm in 3 spots.

I must admit, riding mostly alone from September to November did begin to get a little boring.

So, end of the season, since he still loves motorcycles, he's back at it and buys this:

So I rode his ZX6R in the dead of winter, fell in love with it (It was my favorite bike), and not liking that I own a liter bike as my first bike, I decided to sell the 900RR and went looking. Because I didn't want to be a "copycat" and get the same bike, I ended up buying a different ZX6R .. and proceeded to strip it down that same winter

... get some custom work done ...

... and then put it back together ...

Around this time, my father got back into motorcycles to ride with me, and bought a Buell...

But trouble ensued with the 636 motor. There was something wrong with it, that no matter how deep I digged, myself nor any other mechanic could figure out what was wrong. So I cut my losses, and wanted something more comfortable
(Z1000)

and quickly modded it to my liking...

After a while, my dad wanted something bigger that my mom could ride on the back of, so he sold the Buell and went with a large cruiser, the M109R. Picture of me riding it (rear seat cowl on), with him on my Z1000 goproing:

I ended up selling my Z1000 after only 1 season because I was joining the military. The military didn't work out, as I was medically discharged, so I headed home in April. In San Antonio's airport, I was on my local Craigslist and found an R6. Called the guy from the airport, told him I was flying home and wanted to come check it out.

The next day, I bought this, and modded it a little bit:

I then planned on tracking it, so I got track bodywork, but the fitment sucked, so I sold it. (Stock tail still on in this picture)

Being a huge fan of Valentino Rossi for many years, I decided to turn it into a FIAT Yamaha replica..

and as it currently sits, tank getting painted and some other work done:

Being a huge MotoGP fan, I drove out to Indy this year with my dad for the Red Bull GP, and got to meet Cal Crutchlow, Stefan Bradl, Colin Edwards and Ben Spies.

and got my Marco hat signed (RIP!)

So yeah, hope you enjoyed this picture book introduction!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And last but not least, a quick picture of the Ninja 300 I bought today...

Big plans in store for the 300, which is going to be strictly track duty for me, but will be street duty for my dad to use. Plan on doing full exhaust, new pads, braided lines, new tires, rearsets, and track body work.

My R6, got a new gold chain waiting along with new sprockets, finishing getting the gas tank painted, it's already got a full exhaust, BMC race filter, Bazzaz Z-Fi, smog block-off plates.. the list goes on and on.

Wow!... Welcome!

~mike
Longest introduction thread in the history of forums? :p lol I hope nobody quotes my original post. Hahah

·
Registered
865 Posts
haha welcome bro!

thats quite the 3 years you had there with a TON of bikes and mods to them haha

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hello all!
My name on just about every forum I'm on is GenPatton, and have been involved with motorcycles of my own for the last 3 years now. I am 23 years old from the Capital Region of NY. When I was younger (~6 years old) my dad had owned a few Harley's and I went everywhere with him as his passenger. It made me love motorcycles. Him and his brothers rode their whole lives; my dad having ~40 years of riding experience. My uncle on the other hand fell short - 5 minutes before I was born, he crashed his brand new 89' Kawasaki Ninja ZX10 and lost his leg.

Anyhow, flashing forward, so I've always wanted my own bike, and when my buddy turned 20, he bought himself a 96' Gixxer SRAD. He let me ride his bike, and I immediately fell in love with sport bikes. The following week, against my better judgement, I bought myself a CBR 900RR

So .. come the end of August, only have a month of riding, I get a call from my friend saying he was at the Hospital, he got into a motorcycle accident. I guess a 17 year old girl coming the opposite way down a road, wanted to take a side street, thought she had time, turned, and my friend ended up slamming into her rear quarter panel at 30mph, flying over her car, and only wearing a t-shirt, work pants, gloves and a helmet, somehow managed to not get any road rash, but did break his arm in 3 spots.

I must admit, riding mostly alone from September to November did begin to get a little boring.

So, end of the season, since he still loves motorcycles, he's back at it and buys this:

So I rode his ZX6R in the dead of winter, fell in love with it (It was my favorite bike), and not liking that I own a liter bike as my first bike, I decided to sell the 900RR and went looking. Because I didn't want to be a "copycat" and get the same bike, I ended up buying a different ZX6R .. and proceeded to strip it down that same winter

... get some custom work done ...

... and then put it back together ...

Around this time, my father got back into motorcycles to ride with me, and bought a Buell...

But trouble ensued with the 636 motor. There was something wrong with it, that no matter how deep I digged, myself nor any other mechanic could figure out what was wrong. So I cut my losses, and wanted something more comfortable
(Z1000)

and quickly modded it to my liking...

After a while, my dad wanted something bigger that my mom could ride on the back of, so he sold the Buell and went with a large cruiser, the M109R. Picture of me riding it (rear seat cowl on), with him on my Z1000 goproing:

I ended up selling my Z1000 after only 1 season because I was joining the military. The military didn't work out, as I was medically discharged, so I headed home in April. In San Antonio's airport, I was on my local Craigslist and found an R6. Called the guy from the airport, told him I was flying home and wanted to come check it out.

The next day, I bought this, and modded it a little bit:

I then planned on tracking it, so I got track bodywork, but the fitment sucked, so I sold it. (Stock tail still on in this picture)

Being a huge fan of Valentino Rossi for many years, I decided to turn it into a FIAT Yamaha replica..

and as it currently sits, tank getting painted and some other work done:

Being a huge MotoGP fan, I drove out to Indy this year for the Red Bull GP, and got to meet Cal Crutchlow, Stefan Bradl, Colin Edwards and Ben Spies.

and got my Marco hat signed (RIP!)

So yeah, hope you enjoyed this picture book introduction!
Longest introduction thread in the history of forums? :p lol I hope nobody quotes my original post. Hahah

You know you only said that because you wanted someone to quote it... :D

Welcome to the forum, nice bunch of bikes there... I had to delete a couple of the pics though... Nice license plate BTW.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had my fair share of fun license plates...

My current cars plate:

My current bikes plate:
GOAT46

My old bikes plate:

and my old cars plate:

My dads Buell was:
STFYTR (Street Fighter)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice to have a Rossi and MotoGP fan around :D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Welcome! Gotta ask, after all those crazy bikes why the 300? I an reading on my cell so could of missed it.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! Gotta ask, after all those crazy bikes why the 300? I an reading on my cell so could of missed it.
I love larger bikes. The Ducati 1199 and the BMW S1000RR are top on my list. Maybe in a few years? :p

But the main reason for getting the Ninja 300 is "back-to-basics". It's a proven fact that smaller bikes will make you a better rider. Some people tell me I should've just got a cheap, race-ready 600cc bike .. but I want to become a very good rider. I consider myself better than the majority of the guys I see riding around on the streets, but nowhere near anyone who has ever done just 1 track day.

So, the 300 is gonna be the learner bike, to actually make me a good rider. I'm proud of my little 300, and look forward to a fun (and expensive) season. :D

Wow, quite the impressive intro
lol Thanks! :cool:

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At least the goat stuck around!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah the Goat saw all of my motorcycles .. buttttt, the GTO is also now gone. I had it cammed, full exhaust...etc...etc, and my heavy foot was getting me 10MPG. :eek: That, and amazingly my synchros to my 4th gear in the T-56 were starting to go, had to skip the gear.

So I sold it and bought a little eco-friendly '12 Honda Civic :p I do regret the decision at times, as I am actually paying more for my Honda then I was my GTO. Dumb! Though, I fill up my Honda once every 2 weeks while with my GTO, I was going to the gas station twice a week, and using 93 Octane.

Here was my GTO before cam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JmPxJCk60

and here was my one-of-a-kind Hyundai I had before the GTO (bought this new @ 16, worked my ass off to afford it and mod it. Probably still paying on it somehow, someway, 7 years later lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk3STfaSSkU

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good Game Noob. ROFLMAO Classic

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was freezing my balls off today! About 40*F, and was a half hour ride home on the thruway >_<

1 - 20 of 29 Posts