Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A thought just came to me. A tank bag would be nice, I would like one. However, we all know that the magnets may scratch when being moved or pulled off/on the tank.... so, why not buy glass protectors, like for our cell phones, and have three circles cut out and adhered on the tank, its clear, no one will see it, and when the tank bag is pulled off and on, it wont scratch the paint. Objections? Ideas? Opinions?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Trimbrite-Bodyguard-Paint-Protection-Film/746765.uts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Depends on the tank bag, mine doesn't scratch, but the black stuff tends to rub off and stick on the tank, this easily rubs off with your finger.
I think it just depends on the quality of the tank bag, and how careful you are with it. dont rip it off and throw it on, but be nice about it and position it correctly the first time being gentile with it.

on the other hand, your idea is a pretty good one if you have one thats tends to scratch. I feel liek the three circles would kinda look silly though... maybe get that stuff, but colored, and cut out a cool design and adhere it, so it look intentional for styling, and not protective purposes?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You all have great, and logical opinions. The link was exactly what I had in mind, and the clear film on the front fairing would be a plus too, the "love bug" season here is intense, twice a year our cars are raped by these guys, you could easily come home with 100 of these stuck on the hood during a 30min crosstown drive. I will have to dig deeper in this aspect....

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I had a tank slapper kit on my last bike worked out great, so i see no reason that your idea wouldn't work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts