Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all, gidday from down under.

this week we pick up our 300R.

it joins our fleet of training bikes, unique worldwide.

it fits a new genre being LAMS approved - a new system introduced in Western Australia that now enables new riders to ride a bike with a capacity above 250cc. For years the system demanded that a rider had to remain on on a 250cc motorcycle for one year, then attend another practical assessment on a larger capacity motorcycle.

Our fleet of rider training bikes is now,

* ZX12R Ninja
* CB1300
* VTR1000F
* 300R Ninja
* 250R Ninja
* VTR250
* Adley 50cc moped
* TT-R 50

I've already taken bookings for the 300R and am very excited to offer yet another state of the art motorcycles to our clients to offer them the ultimate experience of riding safely & confidently on 'real' motorcycles.

I look forward to updating this thread to share their experiences on this state of the art motorcycle - the 300R.

· Registered
934 Posts
very cool! Not like that here in the states though, we can hop on any bike if we pass a written and a practical test. lol not a bad thing to start small though.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Kudos on the new Ninja 300 for training!!!

first of all, gidday from down under.

this week we pick up our 300R.

it joins our fleet of training bikes, unique worldwide.

it fits a new genre being LAMS approved - a new system introduced in Western Australia that now enables new riders to ride a bike with a capacity above 250cc. For years the system demanded that a rider had to remain on on a 250cc motorcycle for one year, then attend another practical assessment on a larger capacity motorcycle.

Our fleet of rider training bikes is now,

* ZX12R Ninja
* CB1300
* VTR1000F
* 300R Ninja
* 250R Ninja
* VTR250
* Adley 50cc moped
* TT-R 50

I've already taken bookings for the 300R and am very excited to offer yet another state of the art motorcycles to our clients to offer them the ultimate experience of riding safely & confidently on 'real' motorcycles.

I look forward to updating this thread to share their experiences on this state of the art motorcycle - the 300R.

Hi TTmaster64,

First of all welcome to the forum, there is some great info on this site and some really great people too.

My question for you is that you sound like you may operate some sort of rider training, I am interested in what LAMS will do for already existing R-E licence holders as department of Transport are literally useless in providing info regarding. I have had my R-E licence for over 10 years and am looking to sit my open class, but am a little confused as to the way the new system will work. I have several questions:

1. Do I still require a shadow when the LAMS come in as I already have my learners permit for the R class? Currently I require a shadow whilst riding which is quite restrictive if you dont have heaps of mates that ride.

2. Can I simply just go and sit my test like current when I believe I am ready or is there now some sort of conditions that you need to meet within the LAMS before taking your practical test?

From what I am reading I am a little confused with all the new rules, basically I just want to be able to ride my ninja 300 for 4-6 months until I feel I am confident/competent and take the practical test. If I can ride without a shadow under the new LAMS though, that would be awesome as I live around an hour away from the only single other person I know that rides a motorcycle. Currently I can only ride my new bike 1 or 2 times a fortnight, very very frustrating and I am not gaining any sort of confidence in such short and scarce riding intervals.

Any info that you know or can provide would be absolutely awesome mate, and congratulations on the receival of your new Ninja 300 for your organisation, I know it will be quite popular for sure!!!

I am located also in Western Australia, Rockingham area.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
No Kurt, not that. Please refrain from posting unless you have some valuable input that you would like to share. The question that I asked the poster above is quite clear, if you can manage to hold your attention span until halfway through my post and you might actually see what I am asking instead of posting random sh*t.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.