Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Thank you for the resources!!! When I'm not on my phone ill do a little research!!! :) that's why you're an mod!! ;)

no dramas, anytime.

but from what i understand the EX300 piston is very much different to the 250R and they are *NOT* interchangeable

·
Registered
357 Posts
no dramas, anytime.

but from what i understand the EX300 piston is very much different to the 250R and they are *NOT* interchangeable
Hopeful thoughts of a boy who hasn't had the chance to have his hands on both parts. Haha. B) but I'm sure progress will be made for our community and out bikes, so long as the community desires it and pushes for it. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was trying to browse through this post to awnser my question but couldn't gather the patience to dig through all 16 pages ;) but whats your experience level with fuel injection and nitrous? im new to bikes but ive run a 150hp dry kit on my old 5.0 before and if im Assuming right bikes are going to be very similar and from the link to the nitrous kit it looks like your missing a lot of parts to not detonate your engine. Again im going off a car system but I don't see any fuel injectors, or a mass air flow type of device for the added air intake. playing with nitrous the wrong way is a sure way to make your engine go kapow, especially at 13k rpms, all it takes is 1 lean pop to blow the piston rings

but if you are successful then that's going to be baddddd assss

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been thinking back and forth on getting a bigger bike. I love my 300 and drive it very hard. I wish it had more power quite often (want not need). The problem is I know that I have been in situations on my 300 that if I had a 600 I would be dead..or in jail. I think a 60hp 300 would be perfect for what I do. I like accelerating and doing power wheelies(1-2 shift FTW!) but I also like how nimble the bike is the corners. With an upgraded brake system I think that a turbo 300 would fit the bill quite nicely. I have recently had the urge to go to a track and see what that is all about..but there isn't one close to where I live; I do think that a turbo 300 would be a blast on the track though(if it would be allowed). The problem I see is that the fuel injectors will have to be upgraded and a custom efi controller such as megasquirt would probably have to be used. It is very doable for a motivated 1 off project but I don't know if people would pay the price for a low production count product. The first bike would have to be dyno tuned to get the map close but after that I think unless the bike was going to be in an extreme altitude a good map would work for most people...a custom 02 "auto mapping system" would be even better. I may be completely wrong but...a turbo Ninja is always cooler than a non-turbo Ninja. Right?

·
Registered
357 Posts
no need for megasquirt, the Power commander 5 will do it, i have no doubt the stock EFI injectors could do it also
I agree with this, on the premise that the block and other internals wouldn't handle more than the injectors could. I ran into an old thread about a guy building a 250r and he ended up running into issues with the motor handling the power. Granted it was a nos bike (if I recall...) The idea is the same.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The engines on these small bikes are pushed to engineered limitations already as far as forces are concerned. Many of the higher end moto3 engines are specially upgraded blocks, heads, pistons, cams and rods etc to handle the higher output and RPM threshold than the standard Honda thumper. But the sacrifice is that they have to tear the motor down and even swap motors out on a pretty regular basis. Not something most owners would want to deal with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
no need for megasquirt, the Power commander 5 will do it, i have no doubt the stock EFI injectors could do it also
That would be awesome! I am used to older trucks where the FI sucks. I also wouldn't have thought the PCV would be up to the task. A lot of these products are just simple microcontrollers that when they receive the factory signal they add a set amount of time to it to keep the injector open longer. But the PCV does does timing too so I guess it would be perfect for the turbo. Thanks cruizin, sorry for my ignorance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You asked for it. The nicest exhaust for the Ninja 300 yet!!
Hi there, I’m looking to turbo my ninja 300 i was just wondering if you needed to modify any of the engine internals ie bigger injectors, lowering compression ratios ect, or did you get away with just a tune?
my main concern is not having enough fuel to keep up with the forced induction.
Thanks in advance!!

141 - 152 of 152 Posts