Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't have my bike just yet and I have been asking around to people about what the "pass" trigger on the front of the left handle does.

If you guys know, please tell me.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just kidding, figured out that it just flashes the lights as a passing indicator, I would delete this thread, but just incase anyone else was wondering, here ya go!

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
I don't have my bike just yet and I have been asking around to people about what the "pass" trigger on the front of the left handle does.

I assume that it simulates downshifting by boosting up the RPMs but I really am not sure. Also, if it does do that, then I don't know if it is a hold down function to pass or a push on push off kind of thing or what.

If you guys know, please tell me.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just kidding, figured out that it just flashes the lights as a passing indicator, I would delete this thread, but just incase anyone else was wondering, here ya go!
Lol did you think it was like a tow haul button

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol did you think it was like a tow haul button
I really had no clue, I thought it wouldn't be completely insane to have a trigger that somehow has the capability of temporarily increasing RPMs somehow.
I didn't think it was like a nitro boost or anything, just something that would possibly control the fuel going to the engine that would produce a faster engine speed. Kind of like a choke but obviously aimed at engine performance speed rather than a cold start lol.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
=) Yes, it activates the flashers , would be pretty sweet though huh? :p maybe next years model. hehe
lol well my dad is getting the 2012 FZ6R by this weekend because he wanted to trade in his cruiser for a sport bike so that we would both be able to ride sport bikes together and he misses his VFR. So if I need that extra 300cc then I have a bike for that;) lol

Funny thing though is that I am going to be using that 600cc bike to practice for me 300cc since I do not have it yet.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I really had no clue, I thought it wouldn't be completely insane to have a trigger that somehow has the capability of temporarily increasing RPMs somehow.
I didn't think it was like a nitro boost or anything, just something that would possibly control the fuel going to the engine that would produce a faster engine speed. Kind of like a choke but obviously aimed at engine performance speed rather than a cold start lol.
A "passing trigger" just flashes the lights so cars know your passing them, I don't think the 300 has one.

It does have a completely insane trigger to increase the RPM for passing, it's called the "shifter", if you need a little extra speed, just "shift" into a lower gear and pin it. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
A "passing trigger" just flashes the lights so cars know your passing them, I don't think the 300 has one.

It does have a completely insane trigger to increase the RPM for passing, it's called the "shifter", if you need a little extra speed, just "shift" into a lower gear and pin it. :D
I identified that I found out what it was, but thanks for the sarcasm.

edit: You also quote passing trigger as if it is an incorrect name, what would you call it?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
"You remember the little red button?"
"Yeah?"
"PUSH the little red button."

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts

The 300 does have a passing trigger. It's on the left handle bar closest to your pointer finger.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Push My passing 'trigger" and its 10 seconds of Nitrous Oxide
just alittle extra passing power when needed :eek:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Actually...

There's an undocumented feature.

Depress the switch three times in rapid sucession.

Then delay for a count of 2 (2 seconds).

Then press and hold for 2 seconds and release.

(Got this from a guy at Kawasaki U.S. hq here in Irvine.)

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Registered
958 Posts
I identified that I found out what it was, but thanks for the sarcasm.

edit: You also quote passing trigger as if it is an incorrect name, what would you call it?
No, passing trigger I believe is the correct name, just the shifting part was sarcasm. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts