Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I financed the Ninja 300 three weeks ago as my first bike. I understand the idea of the throttle now and would like to change my 300 for the 650. Would I encounter any problems that soon?

Btw I'm taking my final road test on Friday.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
I financed the Ninja 300 three weeks ago as my first bike. I understand the idea of the throttle now and would like to change my 300 for the 650. Would I encounter any problems that soon?

Btw I'm taking my final road test on Friday.
If you need a 650 then you have no idea how the throttle works way more goes in to riding then just twisting the throttle.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Why not learn to ride a 300 to its fullest capabilities before moving up there is so much more to learn then just throttle control and less chance of getting yourself into trouble the first corner you come up to to fast.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i thought of getting a 650 myself, i have about 6,000miles logged on my 300. Everybody i talk to was telling me compared to the 300 you will "grow out of it fully" in the same amount of time as the 650. if you want to upgrade, make sure you are actually experienced enough to handle the responsibility of a bigger bike and get a 600 super sport if you want a fast bike. The 650 has more lower power then the 300 but the top speed is about 5-10mph more then the 300 to give you an idea of the power difference.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If there's more to learn about in operating the throttle, then I guess I can continue to learn riding the 300 to it's fullest capabilities before moving on. Thanks. I'm 26.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you want to upgrade, make sure you are actually experienced enough to handle the responsibility of a bigger bike and get a 600 super sport if you want a fast bike. The 650 has more lower power then the 300 but the top speed is about 5-10mph more then the 300 to give you an idea of the power difference.
^That^
And (just for reference) I am also near your age (24) and I want more power really bad. About 3 weeks into it riding (especially with my boys who are on 600cc and 1000cc bikes) I wanted more power really bad, and I still do. But it I have curbed the need for speed for now. I know I will upgrade to a super sport, and so will you- it is obvious you got bit by the speed bug. Just stay on the 300 for a little while longer.
Wait until you make a few more new mistakes, just so you know what could happen. Mod your bike a little bit, perform regular maintenance on it a few more times, maybe set a mileage goal like, like get 5K miles on it and then upgrade.
Just stay on the 300 for a bit longer mate- the 600 super sports are not going out of style or anything.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My advice is do what you want. No need to seek for approval. There are alot of experienced riders on this forum with good advice. However, at the end of the day its your money, your bike, & your life. You are old enough to make your own adult decision. Everybody has a different learning curve.

I've toyed with the idea of upgrading to a 636, but I know myself and my limited 3 months of street riding experience.

With that said, Ride safe!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wait, so seriously, the 650's top speed is only 5-10 MPH over the 300?!?!?! I thought that 600s+ could go well over 150MPH!?!?! Wow....loving my 300 even more now if that is true.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you had no idea about the 650 power capabilities it's only another sign that you didnt do your homework. I'd strongly recommend that you take more than 3 weeks on the road as experience before going on a supersport. you have not even ridden for a whole month! How can you judge your abilities to take on a bike that can drop you on the concrete at the slightest twist of the wrist. But in the end, as it's been said in a previous post. It's your money, your safety, your life.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
If you had no idea about the 650 power capabilities it's only another sign that you didnt do your homework. I'd strongly recommend that you take more than 3 weeks on the road as experience before going on a supersport. you have not even ridden for a whole month! How can you judge your abilities to take on a bike that can drop you on the concrete at the slightest twist of the wrist. But in the end, as it's been said in a previous post. It's your money, your safety, your life.
But if you want to go balls fast in a line get a busa.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a 2008 sv650. Sold it and got the ninja 300. Gas mileage, adjility, and plain old fun was way more inportant then the bigger heavier engine. I've been riding for 10 years now, when I upgrade again, it will probably be for a Ninja 300 :) its just that fun. Don't let peers make the decision for you. Topped out at 140 ish on the Sv 110 on the ninja. It was stupid both times.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
But if you want to go balls fast in a line get a busa.
bah, gsxr1300's are old hat, they are like belly buttons, everyone has one, a rocket bike is what you want

and use one of the rocket motors from the nasa space shuttle, it only produced a wimpy 1 million HP, lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
bah, gsxr1300's are old hat, they are like belly buttons, everyone has one, a rocket bike is what you want

and use one of the rocket motors from the nasa space shuttle, it only produced a wimpy 1 million HP, lol
ha ha ha. Look the squid on that rocket bike. I guess if your bike can reach orbit then riding gear isn't going to help. Maybe a space suit would be more appropriate for him.

If you think you may have out grown your 300, I only have one qusetion: Your friends... Do they all have Gixxers?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts