Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so im about to pull the trigger on the 300, but ive been reading that there is this fairing misalignment/popping out issue many are experiencing. i have read some cant even get it to fit properly after loosening the screws and reapplying. my question, is this something to expect and is inevitable? or is there something i can look out for on the bike so i know i wont have this issue in the future? please let me know. thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you wish to know more about the fairing issue please see the link in my signature below
thanks for the reply. your post was what i was referring to that i had read previously. the thing i would like to know is if this is something that is inevitable on ALL ninja 300's or is it a luck of the draw sort of thing?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would say its pretty inevitable... most everyone's having the issue... its a design flaw rather than an assembly issue.

Thats just my opinion, but its ntot too bad of an issue in the grand scape of things.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
from what i have seen on the forums it seems to affect the SE models more so then the others. i suspect its a luck of the draw. it could be a batch of bad fairing from the factory.

the best thing is, it is a fixable issue and not that severe , well, that depends on you.
im a tedious owner and like to have my bikes "schmick" plus seeing though i bought i brand spanking new , i refuse to accept second best, hence the reason im taking it up with kwaka and i wont back down till i get it resolved to my satisfaction level of 100%

·
Registered
299 Posts
roro5pm, it's really up to you - as you can probably tell from the various people responding here, it depends on how much you care. I bought my SE slightly used with around 900 miles on it for about $1000 less than what dealers were asking for OTD, so it's not really a problem for me. If I had gotten a new bike, then I'd probably take the same position as cruizin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts