Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I bought the 300. I'm from Switzerland and before turning 25 or having 2 years experience you are only allowed to ride a <25kw bike. So I bought it with a 25kw restriction on the throttle. I just past my 2 years experience so I wanted to remove the restriction myself to save on money. Can anyone explain me the procedure?
Thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
Noooo idea, sry bud =( maybe google will turn something up?

·
Registered
48 Posts
http://mattbearman.com/2009/07/21/uk-motorcycle-licence-law-33-bhp-25-kw-restriction/

After reading your post and getting interested on how they go about restricting throttle I searched teh interwebz. Turns out (at least according to the above article) that they simply adjust the throttle cable with bolts preventing the throttle from using its entire travel length. Or restricting how how much the carb slides open. However seeing as this is a fuel injected bike you probably just have the throttle cable restrictors. Check it out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you sayntdownfall, I'm a newbie whey it comes to motocycle mechanic. I just have to remove the right side fairings to access the throttle cable? Is it easy ? Is there any DIY i could check to help me ?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
After reading your post and getting interested on how they go about restricting throttle I searched teh interwebz. Turns out (at least according to the above article) that they simply adjust the throttle cable with bolts preventing the throttle from using its entire travel length. Or restricting how how much the carb slides open. However seeing as this is a fuel injected bike you probably just have the throttle cable restrictors. Check it out!
theres also the electrical plug that was removed under the seat ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts