Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo I took a risk and got this exhaust but it seems the bracket doesn't line up properly making it not fit. Does anyone have any ideas on a way to fix it or is it a lost hope and I'm gunna have to blow more $$$ on the 300 version lol? Any help would be awesome :)

ImageUploadedByMO Free1357246797.637885.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
any 250r exhaust will fit, you need to fix the rear bracket yourself somehow and then your done, use some creative engineering

looks like from the photo you need a bolt and nut to fix it

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
jam that bolt thorough and crank it as tight as possible, just manhandle it :D

easier way, do you plan on keeping your rear pegs? If not get yourself a 250R exhaust bracket preferably the Yosh one :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have the yoshi bracket for the 250. I also tried what you said, but there's a screw at the bottom of the peg that's hitting the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Oh I see.. Did you try the 250R yosh bracket? Or maybe it just take some fine tuning?? Lots of guys on here have them but they all seem to be guys that have systems from EFI 205Rs

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I do have the yoshi bracket for the 250. I also tried what you said, but there's a screw at the bottom of the peg that's hitting the exhaust. http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
a very rough way to fix it would be to mark where the screw hits the can, and remove the can and give it a "gentle tap" with a ball peen hammer right on that spot.put some rag under the exhaust first so you don’t scratch it when its resting on concrete floor and show it who's the boss.a small dent like that in the side wont make an ounce of difference to the air flow thru it

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Just dont tell them you bought it for the 300 and it didnt fit haha..

Just tell them you dont like it.. You will proably be stuck with a restock fee though.. Might be better off selling on a fourm depending on the fee if there is one. .

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I needed to rotate my Akra outward from where it looked like it fit and the clamp & bolt literally fell into place. It looked just like yours before I got it in.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Hold on a minute. Don't return anything. First try loosening all of the bolts on the exhaust to get everything to line up. If you still can't get it try using the SSR exhaust bracket for a 250. My exhaust is made for a 250 and it fits just fine.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just gunna buy the R-77 can from hard racing. I don't wanna deal with the hassle of waiting for a new bracket and crap lol. I haven't gone for a ride in like 4 weeks cuz I have no exhaust in my bike... I'm going into withdrawal lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hold on a minute. Don't return anything. First try loosening all of the bolts on the exhaust to get everything to line up. If you still can't get it try using the SSR exhaust bracket for a 250. My exhaust is made for a 250 and it fits just fine.
Is that a corsa gp? Also did you remove the baffle to get a better sound? I just saw a video on YouTube and the guy removed the baffle and it sounds really good. It doesn't look as great as the others but it sure sounds better than some I'm heard.

Here the video. http://youtu.be/tJTivam32Vk

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Is that a corsa gp? Also did you remove the baffle to get a better sound? I just saw a video on YouTube and the guy removed the baffle and it sounds really good. It doesn't look as great as the others but it sure sounds better than some I'm heard.

Here the video. http://youtu.be/tJTivam32Vk
Yep, and if you're talking about the silencer that bolts in to the can then yes. It's removed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts