Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
According to this Italian review, the price in Europe, or at least in Italy, for the N400 will be EUR 6090.

http://www.moto.it/fiere/eicma-2017-kawasaki-ninja-400-foto-dati-e-prezzi.html
Yah that works out to about $7000 USD. Maybe it will be priced differently over here, but it's a pretty big step up on engine, brakes, suspension, etc. so I could see them bumping the price a lot too.

And that would leave room for the new 250 to be sold over here for $4500-5000.

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Yah that works out to about $7000 USD. Maybe it will be priced differently over here, but it's a pretty big step up on engine, brakes, suspension, etc. so I could see them bumping the price a lot too.

I dont think the 250cc variant will be sold in Western markets but if it was I dont think they could sell it for $2000-$2500 less than the 400 when it's essentially the same bike from a cost to build point of view.

Just as a matter of interest that price in Euros = $9,500 NZD. The current Ninja 300 is sold here for $8,000 NZD
So that sounds about right, but I'm hoping it will come in at $9000! Esp as I'm going to need to change the exhaust straight off.

I get the impression bikes are cheaper in North America in real terms. Lucky sods.:biggrin:

· Registered
857 Posts

$7,000?

I think that's a bit too much.

Yamaha R3 would have a huge advantage in beginner/entry level market now.
For $7,000, the Ninja 400 would be competing against MT-07, FZ6R, SV650, etc..

Because that's more than CBR500R...

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Available on Kawasaki.ca now
2018 Ninja 400 (Black) CAD$5799
2018 Ninja 400 ABS (Black, Red, Blue) CAD$6199
Good spotting mate. Great to see those other colour options for the ABS models which is what we will get here in NZ. Love the blue.
Looks to be only $800 more than the current price for an ABS 300 in Canada which is discounted by $500 at present.
Very promising!

· Registered
12 Posts
sounds like very good pricing. I wonder if the large reduced fuel capacity was for ergonomics or for cheap weight savings(around 18%). I thought the 400 was actually wider but from the specs its actually a more narrow bike and shorter wheel base. The extra tq should make for a fun bike. if i was in the market all over again i would definitely consider it.

· Registered
180 Posts
Available on Kawasaki.ca now
2018 Ninja 400 (Black) CAD$5799
2018 Ninja 400 ABS (Black, Red, Blue) CAD$6199
That's closer to $4500 USD, they must jack the price up for EU because that's technically a larger bike over there, where it's just an entry-level size in North America.

If that's the CA price, then I'd expect the price to hold firm in the US with the 300, around $5000 for the base model.

Reactions: kvnwynswll

· Registered
857 Posts
sounds like very good pricing. I wonder if the large reduced fuel capacity was for ergonomics or for cheap weight savings(around 18%). I thought the 400 was actually wider but from the specs its actually a more narrow bike and shorter wheel base. The extra tq should make for a fun bike. if i was in the market all over again i would definitely consider it.
well it's lighter than the 300 so I was expecting it to be smaller

· Registered
180 Posts
well it's lighter than the 300 so I was expecting it to be smaller
Only a few pounds lighter. But making it a slimmer bike makes it easier for people with shorter legs to reach the ground, so it's a more rider friendly bike with a narrower saddle.

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Seems like there are two sub-versions of the EX400.
One with redline being restricted at 10k rpm (EU model?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5UwOeI0WEM
I don't know who this MoTo ThUg'S TV character is but this typical of the total BS being posted on U tube.

He's ripped a clip of the Ninja 650.

Two things made me smell a rat other than the low red line:
1. It was posted two weeks ago when the bike had barely been revealed let alone test ridden.
2. As much as we would like it to the new Ninja 400 will not pull 201Km/h even on the optimistic clock (speedo).

Pure crap.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.