Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

As most of you know I have a " 2017 Ninja 300 KRT ABS ".

I have been looking for the hard Rear Seat cover in Lime Green, which is Kawasaki Part Number 53065-0064-777. But my search is coming up 0. :frown2: Seems like everybody is either out of stock or on back order with no estimated date of arrival.:surprise:

Wondering if any forum members may have one for sale :question: Or know where I can order / purchase one. :question:

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. :smile2:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't know, but what I can tell you is that I bought the lime green rear seat cover from china for $25 shipped and it fits, looks and feels very good.
I will take a picture tomorrow to show you how closely it resembles the oem lime green.

It's been on my bike for a year and a half and got no problems of any kind.

For $25, maybe you can get one of those while your wait for the OEM.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, but what I can tell you is that I bought the lime green rear seat cover from china for $25 shipped and it fits, looks and feels very good.
I will take a picture tomorrow to show you how closely it resembles the oem lime green.

It's been on my bike for a year and a half and got no problems of any kind.

For $25, maybe you can get one of those while your wait for the OEM.
I am having a real difficult time finding this part. Seems like NOBODY has one in stock, including Kawasaki.

Another problem is that when I check vendors that are offering clones, they all say that their covers will not fit the 2017 model. Don't know why as I thought they were basically all the same. :frown2:

·
Registered
251 Posts
There are a lot of parts that say they only go up to 16 but will fit the 17 as well. As far as I know they only changes made for 17 were emissions related. I think since the 17 has a slightly different build many manufacturers just omit it from their compatibility list as a CYA. I know for sure that the rear seat is identical. Can't see why anything else back there would be different.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a lot of parts that say they only go up to 16 but will fit the 17 as well. As far as I know they only changes made for 17 were emissions related. I think since the 17 has a slightly different build many manufacturers just omit it from their compatibility list as a CYA. I know for sure that the rear seat is identical. Can't see why anything else back there would be different.
:iagree: with you :excl: Will be keeping it all in mind, while I search for the darn part. :nerd:

·
Registered
397 Posts
:iagree: with you :excl: Will be keeping it all in mind, while I search for the darn part. :nerd:

Yes, the "Fits Kawasaki Ninja 300 2013-2016" is super annoying when searching for parts, but I've now just given up on listening to that (have a 2017 Winter Test Edition)...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I also have a 17 winter test. The only thing I would be leery of is anything to do with engine management as I think they changed some emissions stuff in 17.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have a 17 winter test. The only thing I would be leery of is anything to do with engine management as I think they changed some emissions stuff in 17.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this one will not be making any engine / exhaust changes, as I am perfectly happy with the way it performs. :wink2:

:announcement_smilie I may be Polish and Crazy, but that does not make me stupid. :grin2:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Here is a pic of my knock off Chinese rear seat cowl. Now that I pay attention, ir's a bit darker than OEM.
I checked the seller that I bought it from, and he doesn't offer it anymore. May it be becoming a hard to find item?

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a pic of my knock off Chinese rear seat cowl. Now that I pay attention, ir's a bit darker than OEM.
I checked the seller that I bought it from, and he doesn't offer it anymore. May it be becoming a hard to find item?
I am somewhat color blind.:frown2:

But " personally ", the color of the back cover looks correct. While the color of the bike looks off shade to me. :surprise:

Believe me when I say, it is getting extremely hard to find this part, especially the factory cover. Seems like everybody that advertises the factory cover states that it is out of stock, with a do not know " Estimated Date of Arrival ". To me it almost seems like Kawasaki is no longer offering the cover, even though they still advertise it on the web site.:emot-doh:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
2,497 Posts
Hi Folks,

As most of you know I have a " 2017 Ninja 300 KRT ABS ".

I have been looking for the hard Rear Seat cover in Lime Green, which is Kawasaki Part Number 53065-0064-777. But my search is coming up 0. :frown2: Seems like everybody is either out of stock or on back order with no estimated date of arrival.:surprise:

Wondering if any forum members may have one for sale :question: Or know where I can order / purchase one. :question:

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. :smile2:
Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/53065-0064-777

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,497 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes Darling ... :wink2: , that is what I have been looking for. But nobody has them in stock. And I do mean NOBODY :excl:

But after numerous and I do mean numerous email exchanges with a Kawasaki parts dealer and his Kawasaki factory Rep, I think I have found what I want. It comes in a kit, but is supposed to be the correct color cover and all mounting hardware. :smile2: Even though it is for various year 300's.

I made the supplier an offer and if its accepted, I will have bought it. But only time will tell if it is the 100% correct cover, color and hardware. :shrug.001:

I do want to thank you for your concern and trying to help with the search. :rock:

Greatly appreciated :excl: :smile2:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Both Partzilla and Babbitts show it in stock. :shrug.001:
They all say " SHIPS IN 3 TO 4 DAYS " . But when you talk to them directly they all admit that the item is NOT in stock, but on BACK ORDER. To further discourage you ......... they can not even offer an Estimated Date of ARRIVAL. :thumbdown: Same with ordering direct from Kawasaki.

I emailed for two days a Kawasaki Part Supplier located in New Jersey and is on EBAY. He had what I was looking for even though it had a different part number. The original part number that I was looking for is only the cover. The parts dealer's number after checking with Kawasaki is the cover and complete mounting kit. It got real confusing when digging deep into it. But, I do have the cover and mounting kit coming. :grin2:

Once again, " THANK YOU ", for your concern and help. You must actually be a " Little :emot-angel: "
And all this time I thought that you were a " Big >:) ". :signlol:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm definitely more of a little devil! :roll2smilie:
I was trying to be kind to you :excl: Knowing you now, that will not happen again. :signlol:

As for myself, I simply tell people ...............

THEY DO NOT WANT ME IN HEAVEN. :eek:

AND THEY ARE AFRAID OF ME IN HELL. :giggle:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE:

Lime Green Rear Seat cover arrived yesterday. Or, I should say that the kit with assembly instructions arrived yesterday. But as it appears, it should be a simple assembly. :wink2:

At first I questioned the shade of the Lime Green cover compared to my Ninja. But being somewhat color blind I then asked my wife for her opinion. :surprise: My wife stated that it looked like a perfect match. :emot-thumbsup: Thus, whom am I to argue with a woman / wife. :confused: :shrug.001:

Will most likely be putting it together next week. But, we also had a " FREEZE " warning last night and this morning. So who knows when the cover will actually get an operational check out. :shrug.001:

Finally, would like to give a " BIG THANK YOU " to all the members of this forum that assisted in trying to find the part I wanted. :goodjob:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts