Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, wife dropped her 16' and looking to replace her stock bars.

She doesnt want to really go any lower. With the given 3" rise to the stock bars, along with how they mount on TOP of the stock triple, i'm having trouble determining what replacements we should go with. Other posts seem to think the stock rise is 2 5/8"?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not exactly sure what your question is, but I just measured what's installed on my 2017 Winter Test Edition 300, and it really is just over 2.5 inches, about 65mm.

I gather your wife wants to replace the (damaged/broken?) bars, which seem to be non-stock, and 3" tall, and she doesn't want to go with stock, as that would be lower than what she's used to?

You could always go stock, and add a handle bar riser, I guess. Although, from a quick search on eBay, they all seem to be 1" tall, which is a little much, I guess....

EDIT:
Okay, problem solved: your handle bars ARE stock, and NOT 3" ===> you are measuring them wrongly!

The 2 5/8" measurement you are quoting is accurate, because it is measured from the bottom of the handlebar and NOT from where you have the start of the tape measure!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes ALOT more sense. Sorry about the improper measuring! LOL.
Correct,
She doesnt want to go any lower which kind of eliminates the woodcraft options for me,
So i guess just going to go with the OEM relacement bar. At least should be an easy install since i wont have to adjust any of the lines/wires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That makes ALOT more sense. Sorry about the improper measuring! LOL.
Correct,
She doesnt want to go any lower which kind of eliminates the woodcraft options for me,
So i guess just going to go with the OEM relacement bar. At least should be an easy install since i wont have to adjust any of the lines/wires.

I thought woodcraft had a 3.5" & 4" rise options. Even with the altered mounting location that would put the bars in essentially the same place

1 - 4 of 4 Posts