Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike Wont start.
I haven’t seen any recent posts or solutions. 2014 2100 miles.
Work I’ve done to it. New spark plugs, new battery, new starter relay.
I turn the bike on and it won’t turn over. Fueses all good. And yes it’s in neutral. I am at a complete stump to why it won’t turn on. It sounds like the fuel pump turns on but the bike doesn’t want to turn over. Please help
Will try to add videos

·
Registered
654 Posts
Bike Wont start.
I turn the bike on and it won’t turn over. Fueses all good. And yes it’s in neutral. I am at a complete stump to why it won’t turn on. It sounds like the fuel pump turns on but the bike doesn’t want to turn over. Please help
Will try to add videos
By "not turning over" you mean it does nothing when you hit the starter button?

Many aftermarket starter relays are not good, and some are not correct. That would be my first guess. Starter relays don't usually go bad with as little time and mileage as yours. Was it doing this when you replaced the relay, or something else?

Confirm you have full (12.7V or more) battery power.

Do you get a green neutral light on the dash?

How about safety switches? Sidestand? Clutch lever? It's been a while since we had a Ninja (250), and I don't recall if they need the clutch in to start, or what they do with the sidestand down.

Make sure the engine kill switch, on the handlebar, is in the run position.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike Wont start.
Will try to add videos
By "not turning over" you mean it does nothing when you hit the starter button?

Many aftermarket starter relays are not good, and some are not correct. That would be my first guess. Starter relays don't usually go bad with as little time and mileage as yours. Was it doing this when you replaced the relay, or something else?

Confirm you have full (12.7V or more) battery power.

Do you get a green neutral light on the dash?

How about safety switches? Sidestand? Clutch lever? It's been a while since we had a Ninja (250), and I don't recall if they need the clutch in to start, or what they do with the sidestand down.

Make sure the engine kill switch, on the handlebar, is in the run position.
whenI turn the key to on I get the instrument display. Green neutral light, Horn, blinkers everything. And this is after a full battery charge. But when I go press the starter(kill switch on) and hold it I get a clicking sound and the fuel pump turn on but but not starting.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Your video shows it cranking, pretty close to normally, but maybe a little slow.

If it "clicks" it usually means the battery is dead. Even a new battery can be bad, and to check it you need a meter. You check the voltage on the battery terminals when you are cranking (under load) to see if it stays above about 10 volts. If it doesn't - it's a bad battery.

If it's cranking like the video, it suggests you may not be getting fuel, or the fuel is old/bad or has condensation in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED
got it started messed with the throttle sensor and air sensor position and throttle cables and got it running. Thank you for the help
But a check engine light is on so now dealing with that.

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
You can read the codes directly on the dashboard without any tool. There is a buttons sequence that you have to follow, and the error code(s) will show up in the display. Check the service manual. Check manualslib.com if you don't have your own copy of the service manual.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Turns out to be a code 32 sub throttle sensor malfunction opening or short
Sounds like it could be a bad Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) or the adjustment is off significantly - if that's the same as a "sub throttle sensor".

Go through the procedure to set it, and see what it does. You may need to disconnect the battery to remove the code, not sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts