Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hola everyone, I have a question and I'm hoping you great people can help me out. So i have a ninja 300 abs se and I know how to change breaks on a non abs model but i wanted to know is it the same thing or because its abs is there something different i need to do?? thank you everyone for helping me out.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It's the exact same process between the two types. The only time it really matters is if you're changing brake lines or servicing the brake fluid as there's an extra couple steps for ensuring the ABS hydraulic pump has been properly bled. But for brake pads, nothing different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the exact same process between the two types. The only time it really matters is if you're changing brake lines or servicing the brake fluid as there's an extra couple steps for ensuring the ABS hydraulic pump has been properly bled. But for brake pads, nothing different.
oh ok, thanks for the info. I feel a whole lot better knowing this.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I bled my bike the same way as non ABS bikes. Should I have done it differently?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
On some systems there's sometimes a step that you have to cycle the ABS hydraulic pump to get any trapped air bubbles out of it but not sure that the ninja 300 needs it as it's hydraulic unit is more of a passive system. Probably not though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts