Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
Dumb question here: how did you remove the stator cover? I'm doing a replacement myself and can't seem to be able to remover the cover. I've removed the outer bolts and and it only comes out about half an inch then it gets stuck on something. Do I need to remove the center cap and remove that center bolt? Thanks in advance!
Have you removed the coolant pipe that goes from the radiator to the water pump?

You don't have to touch the 'center bolt', which is not a bolt but a cover that can be removed to access to the crank shaft to spin the engine for maintenance or repairs.

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
Yes, you do need to remove the gear position sensor bracket. That comes out very easily though.

Then you should be able to pull it out. If your bike is low miles, you may be able to reuse the gasket. Pull it out gently. However, it's always a good idea to put a new gasket.
When you pull out the cover, some oil may come out too, and there are some 'dowel pins' too. Be careful not to lose them.

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
What are these dowel pins you speak of?? And where are they located?? Thanks in advance bud.
Those are three or four pins that are used to align the cover with the engine body. Both the engine and the cover have some holes, three or four, I think. When assembling, y start by sliding the pins in the engine holes. Half of the pins bodies will stick out of the holes. Then you put the cover by matching the pins in the cover holes. That aligns the cover with the engine and it should make it easier to screw in the bolts.

Also, I'm almost sure there are at least two bolts that are longer than the others. Take note of the position when you take them out, Anyways, not a big deal if you don't, as you will quickly realize some of them are too long for some of the screws.

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
Check the side stand switch. The side stand has a sensor. The bike shuts off if it's on gear and the side stand is deployed to prevent the rider to start the bike with the side stand extended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts