Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

All of a sudden I heard this. Did anyone have the same problem? Oil level is exellent. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you're going to put it on the kickstand you going to lose a little bit of oil just put a drain pan under there for now if you have wheel stands and get the bike upright shouldn't have to worry about any kind of oil maybe a few drops

Definitely something is in there hitting the stator and or flywheel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, I heard it yesterday at a red light but continued because I was half way to work and made it home ok. Stop riding it today. Will open it up this afternoon.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah yikes! If I was you, I would just drain the oil. If it looks normal, then you probably didn't cause much damage. But if it's got a bunch of shiny bits in it, there might be something more wrong. I would pull off the stator cover and the clutch cover just to see both sides, but yeah if the sound is on the left side, check the stator cover first. Mind the magnets when pulling the cover off.

-Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
The stator cover needs to come off, and inspect the stator, flywheel, etc.. it almost sounds like one of the stator bolts has worked it's way loose, and is hitting the flywheel.

Either way it needs attention before you may cause serious damage, something isn't happy in there.

I'd drop the oil anyway, most likely you're going to want to do an oil and filter change after all is said and done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hello brothers

The stator bolt looses and was tighten. Now there is no more noise. Thanks for all the input

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good deal, I got to tell you to put a dab of loc-tite on the bolts, so it doesn't happen again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts